Artificial intelligence (AI) has been in the news almost constantly since the release of ChatGPT, a text-generating AI software developed by OpenAI in November 2022. Now, AI is making its way into sports, specifically pickleball, the fastest-growing sport in America.
While AI is typically associated with tasks like language processing and content creation, developers are testing its potential applications in various domains, including sports.
Pickleball Vision AI LLC has found a way to apply AI technology to
Grab a stationary camera (a smartphone on a tripod should work) and set it up to capture footage of your pickleball game. The camera should be at least four feet off the ground, and all four corners of the
Once you’ve finished playing and filming, upload your video to PB Vision. The company asks that you upload just one game at a time, as processing takes time and resources. The recommended video resolution is 1280×720 pixels.
The AI tool will then analyze your video using computer vision algorithms and machine learning techniques. It will track the movement of players, the trajectory of the ball, and other relevant aspects of the game.
The real answer to this question is: it depends. If you know the rules of pickleball, the terms used in the game, and how to analyze gameplay and interpret data (and can take a bit of constructive feedback), then the PB Vision AI tool has the potential to make you a better and faster
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses. PB Vision tracks your gameplay and provides insights on things like serve accuracy, return of serve success rate, and winning percentage. This info can help you figure out what you’re good at and what you need to work on.
- Analyze your opponents’ gameplay. PB Vision doesn’t just track your skills; it also tracks your opponents’. This info can help you develop strategies and adjust your game plan accordingly.
- Improve your shot selection and placement. PB Vision analyzes the trajectory of your shots and provides feedback on shot selection and placement. This info can help you make better decisions about where to hit the ball and how to hit it.
Whether you know how to play pickleball or not, PB Vision can still be a valuable tool for learning the game and improving your skills. Plus, it’s free to use and accessible to anyone with a smartphone and an internet connection.
- Here’s why you should join a pickleball league
- Apple Watch study shows pickleball now more popular than tennis
- Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in the U.S., alpine touring (2nd) and splitboarding (5th) also rank high
- This new website is like Airbnb for RV enthusiasts and campers (and it’ll plan trips for you with A.I.)
- A golf range finder might make all the difference in your game — here’s why