There is no adequate substitute for spending time in the great outdoors. Hiking, climbing, camping — anyone who spends hours — or days — out in nature knows that the wilderness is both restorative and addicting. But unless you want to become a park ranger or a professional hermit, you can’t spend all your time traveling.
When you’re stuck inside, you can at least get a bit of that wild charm by watching a movie that puts the natural world front and center. Today, we’re looking at six hiking movies that anyone who loves a good trek will thoroughly enjoy — that is, unless living vicariously through these on-screen adventures backfires completely and you end up more frustrated than before. If that happens, then you really need to get outside.
For an even longer Netflix binge session, move away from the outdoors and into education with the best documentaries streaming on Netflix now.
- The 20 Best U.S. National Parks to Explore Now
- Explore Every U.S. National Park with Just One App. Here’s How
- The 11 Best Backpacking Tents for Hiking and Camping
- The Best Hiking Spots Across Hawaii, From the Big Island to Oahu
- Beginner’s Guide to Trail Running and What You Need