There is no adequate substitute for spending time in the great outdoors. Hiking, climbing, camping — anyone who spends hours — or days — out in nature knows that the wilderness is both restorative and addicting. But unless you want to become a park ranger or a professional hermit, you can’t spend all your time traveling.
When you’re stuck inside, you can at least get a bit of that wild charm by watching a movie that puts the natural world front and center. Today, we’re looking at six hiking movies that anyone who loves a good trek will thoroughly enjoy — that is, unless living vicariously through these on-screen adventures backfires completely and you end up more frustrated than before. If that happens, then you really need to get outside.
For an even longer Netflix binge session, move away from the outdoors and into education with the best documentaries streaming on Netflix now.
- The best merino wool socks (whether you’re hiking, skiing, or going to work)
- Winter camping: Everything you need for a safe trip
- Get the best snowboard boots for comfortable connection
- Hit the slopes with the whole family at these top resorts
- These are the best ski brands on the market this winter