Ready to hit a dink? Not sure what a dink is? If you’re new to pickleball, a dink is like a drop shot in tennis; just clearing over the net enough to catch your opponent off guard. Pickleball may sound silly, but it is the hottest sport around these days.
While pickleball lovers may think this fast-growing sport is new, it’s not. Pickleball was invented in 1965 by a Washington state congressman. Joel Pritchard and his buddy Bill Bell were looking for a backyard game to entertain their kids, and
A cross between tennis, badminton, and ping-pong, pickleball has exploded in recent years, with courts popping up indoors and out all across the nation. The funny name may or may not have come from Pritchard’s dog Pickles, who enjoyed running after the wiffle-like ball. If you’re looking for a new sport or just want to change up your workout,
There are quite a few reasons why you should join a pickleball league, especially if you’ve been bitten by the bug. Joining a
It’s why it’s mistakenly associated with seniors. You may have to stop playing pickup basketball because of that old knee injury from flag football in college, but you won’t have to hang up the paddle. That doesn’t mean pickleball isn’t a great workout. It’s a fabulous low-impact workout that gets the heart pumping and burns calories.
When you participate in a pickleball league, you are meeting new people and potentially making friends, as well as connections.
If you’re looking to become part of a pickleball league in your community, it can be daunting, especially if you’re new to the sport. Rest assured, there are plenty of
Another ideal place to start is by checking out local community centers. If that doesn’t yield a league, then try local tennis and racquetball clubs. Since the explosion of pickleball, many tennis and racquetball clubs now have
You’ve been looking for a pickleball league near you and haven’t found one. Here are additional ways you can find a league close to home.
- Ask pickleball players at your local courts.
- Check the information board at the park where you play. Leagues are often advertised.
- Facebook forums like Pickleball Minnesota or NJ Pickleball Forum are ideal for connecting with players and leagues in your area.
- Visit the USA Pickleball website to find everything and anything pickleball, including where to play.
If you’ve been wanting to try pickleball, do it. The sport is growing by leaps and bounds because it’s fun, social, and an awesome workout. A pickleball league is an ideal way to take your game to the next level while making new friends and getting involved in your community. Finding a league near you is easy. You’ll be lobbing, volleying, and getting those competitive juices flowing before you know it.
- Meet the Pi-Pop, the electric bike you never need to charge (because it has no battery)
- These are the only 3 brands of ski or snowboard wax you should buy: Here’s why
- Everyday carry label The James Brand has a new collab for something you definitely shouldn’t carry daily
- Snowboarding tips you didn’t realize you needed: How to ride on ice
- Best Pickleball Paddles 2023: Paddles for every skill level, playstyle