Meal kit delivery subscriptions, such as HelloFresh, can be extremely convenient. With HelloFresh, you can get weekly boxes filled with all the pre-portioned ingredients necessary to make healthy, unique, and varied recipes, along with the instructions and nutrition information for each recipe delivered right to your house. This eliminates the need for weekly menu planning and grocery shopping, plus it simplifies meal preparation, reduces food waste, and introduces you to new dishes and cooking techniques.
However, HelloFresh is a subscription service rather than an ala carte meal box, so if you go on vacation, change your budget or diet, or just decide you want to try a different approach to meal planning and prep, you might want to cancel or change your HelloFresh subscription. Do you want to skip a delivery, change, or cancel your HelloFresh subscription? Keep reading to find out how to cancel your HelloFresh subscription.
Meal kits have gained popularity primarily due to their exceptional convenience, streamlining the home cooking experience by delivering precisely measured ingredients alongside recipes. This trend saw a surge during the height of the pandemic driven by the desire to avoid crowded grocery stores and relish restaurant-quality meals from the comfort of home. Services like HelloFresh offer pre-made meals for people seeking a time-saving option.
Despite perceptions of higher costs, meal kits can indeed be a more economical choice compared to dining out or frequent takeout. Larger households can also benefit from bulk order discounts.
Additionally, they foster healthier eating habits through portion-controlled servings and emphasize the use of fresh, nutritious ingredients. Catering to specific dietary needs further enhances their appeal.
HelloFresh is a subscription service that auto-renews each week unless you pause, change, or cancel your plan on your customer account page. There is no membership fee to start receiving boxes. When you sign up, you can select from one of several meal plans, each of which can be purchased in a two- or four-person serving size and in quantities of two, three, four, five, or six different meals per week. The meal plans offered by HelloFresh include the following:
- Classic Meat and Veggie: A standard omnivore diet with recipes featuring meat, poultry, fish, and fresh vegetables from a variety of cuisines.
- Veggie: Meat-free recipes featuring vegetables.
- Family Friendly: Recipes that are specifically tailored to appeal to young palates.
- Pescatarian: Vegetable-heavy dishes that do not contain meat or poultry but do contain fish and seafood.
- Calorie Smart: This plan includes dietitian-approved recipes that are all under 650 calories per serving.
- Quick and Easy: For those short on time, these recipes can typically be made in less than 20 minutes.
Customers are never locked into their HelloFresh meal plan. At any point, you can log into your customer account page and change the number of meals you receive each week, the number of servings per recipe, and the type of recipes you receive. For example, you may start with two servings of four different
Step 1: Log in to your customer account page.
Step 2: Change the number of meals you receive each week, the number of servings per recipe, and/or the type of recipes you receive.
From your HelloFresh customer account page, you can skip your upcoming delivery before it is prepared and shipped. Here are the steps to skip an order:
Step 1: From yourpage, click on " ."
Step 2: Choose the delivery day for the week you want to skip.
You can cancel HelloFresh subscriptions by logging into your customer account page.
Step 1: Log in to your customer account page.
Step 2: Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner.
Step 3: Click "."
Step 4: At the very bottom of the Plan Settings page, go to the "Status" section and click "Cancel Plan."
Step 5: Finally, just follow the prompt(s) for your cancellation. You will receive a message confirming that your account has been canceled.
It’s important to note that you must pause or cancel an order by 11:59 p.m. PT five days before your next scheduled delivery or you will be charged for that upcoming order. HelloFresh cannot process cancellations requested after the cut-off date because the order will have already been processed.
- Whiskey upgrade: How to fat wash your favorite whiskey or bourbon to add new depths of flavor
- Elevate your pizza night: A mixology expert reveals how to choose the right cocktail pairings
- Here’s why you have to stop peeling your ginger
- How to achieve the perfect pour-over coffee to complete your morning routine
- Out of brown sugar? Here’s how to make your own