Autumn is here and that means it’s time to switch out our lighter flavor palates for those that are a bit heavier. Gone (but not forgotten) are the light and airy tastes of summer, replaced with warming, heavy tones of brown spirits and seasonal ingredients. Whether you’re looking for a cocktail to fight off the descending chill of an October night or you just want a little more apple or pumpkin in your life, you’ll find something to fall for among the seven delicious cocktail recipes below.
(Created at Pulitzer’s Bar, Amsterdam)
- 50ml Blue Corn Don Julio Blanco
- 20ml Belsazar Rose
- 10ml Ancho Reyes Verde
- 15ml coriander syrup
- 20ml lime juice
- 4 dashes +2 dashes Manganero + salt solution
- 20ml egg white
- 50ml soda
Method: Shake all ingredients in cocktail shaker and pour in a long drink glass. Garnish with toasted baby corn.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
(Created by Yani Ramos)
- 1.5 oz Volcan de mi Tierra Cristalino
- 1 oz Pumpkin-coconut emulsion*
- .75 oz fall spice syrup (cinnamon, clove, star anise)
- .5 oz fresh lemon juice
Method: Combine all ingredients, shake and serve over ice. Garnish with shaved coconut.
*Pumpkin-Coconut Emulsion: Combine 1 can of coconut milk and 1 can pumpkin puree in a large bowl and blend with hand mixer or emulsion blender.
The Apples & Pears
(Created by Glenfiddich National Ambassador, Allan Roth)
- 1 part Glenfiddich 12-Year-Old
- .25 part Drambuie
- 1 part club soda
- 1 part non-alcoholic apple cider
- .5 part fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Lemon peel, to garnish
Method: Combine the Glenfiddich 12-Year-Old, lemon juice, Drambuie, and bitters. Shake briefly and pour into a flute. Add club soda and cider. Garnish with a lemon twist.
- 10 oz Belvedere Vodka
- 14 oz Strongbow Cloudy Apple Cider
- 3 oz allspice syrup
- 4 oz lemon juice
- 4 lemon wheels
- 4 orange wheels
- 5 cinnamon sticks
Method: Combine all ingredients in large punch bowl with ice and serve immediately. Serves 6-8.
Cocalero Hot Chocolate
(Created by Burke Podany, Chloe, Washington, D.C.)
Method: Prepare Mexican Hot Chocolate per the included instructions. In a large coffee mug add the Cocalero and Tiki Lovers Rum. Add hot chocolate almost to the top. Garnish with whipped cream.
(Created by Gabe Orta, Bar Lab + Broken Shaker)
- 1 oz Jamaican rum
- .25 oz scotch
- .5 oz sweet coconut cream
- 2 heaping bar spoons pumpkin purée
- 1 bar spoon Tabasco chipotle sauce
- Dash angostura
- Grated nutmeg for garnish
Method: Place all ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake for 8-10 seconds. Double strain into a clean chilled cocktail glass.
Sweet Chai of Mine
(Courtesy of Fitz Bailey, Coopers’ Craft Mixologist)
- 2 oz Coopers’ Craft Barrel Reserve
- 1 oz vanilla chai tea honey syrup*
- 3 dashes black walnut bitters
Method: Put all ingredients into an ice-filled shaker, stir until chilled, pour into a rocks glass over ice cube and top with garnish with speared walnut.
*Coopers’ Vanilla Chai Tea Honey Syrup
- Your favorite chai tea packet
- Local honey
Method: Brew 1 cup of Chai Tea using either a stove or microwave. Remove tea bag and pour into heated skillet, add 1 cup local honey and stir until dissolved about 2 mins. Cook an additional 2 mins while stirring, then remove from heat. Allow to cool and enjoy.
- 7 Best Tequila Cocktail Recipes in Fall 2020
- The 5 Best Hot Cocktails to Make Now
- The 15 Best Halloween Cocktails for Getting Your Boo-ze On
- 6 Best Candy-Themed Drinks and Cocktails for Halloween
- The 7 Best Mocktail Recipes To Make in 2020