Today we speak to German winemaker Roman Roth.
I was born in Rottweil, Germany. My father was a cooper, winemaker and distiller; he and my mother started a wine merchant business. I grew up in a wonderful family and was fortunate to learn at an early age about fine wine and good food. I started my career in winemaking as an apprentice, got a master’s degree and gained further experience working in California and Australia. In 1992, I followed the call from Christian Wölffer to become the winemaker at Wölffer Estate Vineyard. My stylish wife, Dushy, and I relocated to the Hamptons and 20 years later I became a partner in the business with co-owners, siblings Marc and Joey Wölffer. Together, we are looking forward to making many great wines.
As for his personal style:
Suits: I rarely need one, but when I do: Ermenegildo Zegna
Favorite Cologne: I rarely wear cologne so as not to interfere with wine-tasting. But my wife likes Terre d’Hermes…and therefore, so do I!
Your favorite App: Dark Sky weather app
Favorite piece of technology: Forklift, ski lift, the “recline” button in Business Class
Next tech purchase: Screwcap application machine (for the bottling line); an old Mercedes
Photo courtesy of Conor Harrigan.
- Shop the Hottest Men’s Thermal Shirts Before It’s Too Cold
- Lose the Liquid with the Best-Smelling Solid Colognes
- No Longer a Prisoner, Dave Phinney Goes for Something Harder
- Meet Corridor, the Fashionable Clothing Company Founded by a Former FBI Agent
- Make Western Wear Work for You with The Best Men’s Denim Shirts