We love a regular old pedal boat as much as the next guy, but this super-luxurious version by Beau Lake has got us thinking it’s about time to take out a loan so we can hit the local lakes in this bad boy.
But why would we need a loan? Aren’tyou might ask? Most run around $500 these days, but unfortunately you’ll have to shell out a little more dough than that if you’re looking to putter around your local lake using only your legs since this little dinghy retails for, brace yourself, $20,000. Which, we’ll admit, is pretty insane. But, damn, look at this beauty.
The Beau Lake Runabout combines the classic design and styling of traditional wooden boats and yachts with eco-friendly (and old-school) pedal-powered propulsion. Composed of three main components, the molded fiberglass hull, cockpit liner, and inlaid, mahogany veneer deck, the Runabout also features an ergonomically designed tiller (hand-carved, of course) with a joystick steering component to make holding course as easy as a finger waggle.
Intended for slow cruises at sunset and sunrise and general low-key lake and slow-moving river/creek exploration, the Runabout features comfortable seating with in-inch thick leather covers that can be snapped off for easy storage, along with a compartmentalized cooler that’s been designed to fit within the sleek contours of the boat.
And now that you’ve got the boat, it’s time to figure out what to wear when you’re sailing, or in this case, pedaling it.
- 2024 Mercedes-AMG SL 63 S E Performance exploits F1 tech for the most powerful SL ever
- Burton is re-releasing some of its most iconic snowboards ever and we want them all
- BMW’s ‘new’ R motorcycles are the most retro-cool bikes we’ve ever seen
- The 2022 Colorado ZR2 Is Chevy’s Most Capable Off-Road Pickup Ever
- The 200-Horsepower Vanquish Vanqraft VQ16 Is a Boat-Sized Jet Ski