For more of the best in skincare and haircare for men, check out our 2020 Grooming Awards on July 8.
Perhaps you’re testing the waters of growing a mustache right now or perhaps you’ve had one for years — on its own, sans full beard, or as part of some well-groomed stubble. Either way, a stylish guy knows he’s got to take care of that thing — and the right way to do that? With a mustache wax.
Often pomade-like in terms of consistency and made from ingredients like beeswax, think of a mustache wax as another grooming tool for your face — a way to shape and style your facial hair. Many a great mustache over the years has benefited from the addition of a stylish touch of mustache wax, and your facial hair is actually going to get healthier in the process, too. That sounds like something worth trying out, yes? To get things rolling for you, we wrote about the best mustache waxes for all your facial hair needs.
What to Consider Before Buying a Mustache Wax
When weighing your options for buying a mustache wax, there are a few things to consider:
- Hold strength: You’ll want to decipher how much hold you need and choose accordingly. For longer mustaches or those with coarser facial hair, a stronger hold is necessary. For guys with finer face hair, a light hold will work just fine. If you’re looking to curl your mustache tips into tendrils, however, you’ll need maximum strength hold.
- Scent: Whether a wax exudes a strong scent or a mild one, you’ll want to choose something you can live with on an everyday basis. With the scent literally right under your nose, you’ll want something that doesn’t smell so intensely that it overwhelms the scent of your homemade lunch.
- Quality of ingredients: As with every facial hair product, quality is key. Make sure you’re getting a wax that boasts more than just shaping power. Your ‘stache looks only as good as its health allows it to be.
- Color: Believe it or not, some mustache waxes provide color to help get gray hairs out of the picture. Make sure you’re aware of what your wax is made of and how it’s going to affect your hair.
The Best Mustache Waxes
The Art Of Shaving Primary Daily Hold Moustache Wax
When it comes to making the best mustache wax for men, there’s no doubt that The Art Of Shaving passes with flying colors. This is the priciest option on this list, but one that’s sure to live up to the hype.
Clubman Mustache Wax
For just $5, give your mustache a bit of old-school cool with this classic formula and old-time barbershop packaging design — hey, it’s got to look stylish on your bathroom counter, right?
Golddachs Beard and Moustache Wax
To keep your mustache in fine form, use this handcrafted wax that just so happens to be made with beeswax, lanolin, and shea butter for a soft and smooth finish.
Beardbrand Tree Ranger Mustache Wax
Keep your facial hair in shape on the go with this handy, pocket-sized mustache wax from Beardbrand — a brand that knows a thing or two about beard care.
Proraso Wood and Spice Mustache Wax
Maybe you distinctly remember your father or grandfather’s favorite scent, and maybe even what he used to treat his beard with. You can add a bit of that throwback cool to your own facial hair with this retro-inspired wood and spice mustache wax from a classic brand.
Fisticuffs Strong Hold Mustache Wax
Put ‘em up, partner — your mustache will be in fighting shape with this strong hold mustache wax in a pretty and neat-looking tin.
Mountaineer Brand Extra Firm Mustache Wax
Any self-respecting outdoorsman knows how to grow a great beard or mustache, right? While that might not always be the case (and it’s certainly not required!), it pays off to have the right essentials on hand to care for it, like this aptly named mustache wax.
Suavecito Mustache Wax
We’re totally onboard with the made-in-the-USA craftsmanship that goes into this mustache wax, which is also formulated to provide your facial hair with an all-day hold, and comes in scents like Original and Whiskey.
Death Grip All-Natural Mustache Wax
With a name like that, how can you not count on this epically crafted mustache wax to keep your ‘do in sharp form? It’s perfect for adding some flair to your facial hair.
Badger Mustache Wax
Taking care of your face has got to be good for your skin as well as your facial hair, and that’s why we love Beaver’s approach to natural, organic ingredients in this well-appointed mustache wax.
- Grooming Awards 2020 Finalists: The Best Beard Products for Men
- 10 Best Beard Balms: The Secret to a Tamed and Tangle-Free Beard
- The 10 Best Beard Conditioners: What They Are and How They Work
- Grooming Awards 2020 Finalists: The Best Razors for Men
- Grooming Awards 2020 Finalists: The Best Shaving Creams for Men