If you comb the hair on your head, why not your beard?
Even the highest-quality beard products can’t groom your whiskers the way a beard comb can — oils and balms are best distributed with a comb. And what about when you want to properly shape your beard on your cheek and neckline?
A beard comb can turn a tangled mess into a shiny, healthy, and well-maintained set of facial hair that you’re proud of. We’ve put together a diverse selection of the best beard combs for you to find the one that best suits you and your beard.
What to Consider When Buying a Beard Comb
Beard combs come in all shapes, sizes, and materials. However, it’s important to know what materials are best for your skin, what size is best for your beard style, and, ultimately, what feels best in your hand.
- Material: The material of a beard comb is important for promoting healthy hair follicles. Plastic and nylon beard combs, although easier to clean and maintain, are not the best option. Someone who has curly hair or a thick beard might run into some unnecessary, annoying, and sometimes painful roadblocks in the form of a nasty snag. You’re better off with a natural material such as wood, buffalo horn, ox horn, or even a smoothly cut and well-polished metal comb to help those whiskers shine.
- Size: No matter what they say, size matters. Wider gaps between comb teeth are best used on long beards instead of shorter facial hair simply because the wide gaps won’t work on a shorter beard. We recommend searching for a beard comb that comes with both a wide set of teeth and a narrow set of teeth in order for your comb to have a longer lifespan, as it allows you to take care of your beard as it grows into the beast you desire, as well being helpful when tidying up your mustache.
- Product: Wood and horn materials are great when trying to distribute oils and balms evenly while working them deep into your skin and facial hair. By contrast, metal and plastic combs aren’t as effective in this realm.
Best Beard Combs
Kent Handmade Beard Comb Set
Kent’s craftsmanship has been perfected for centuries, so it comes as no surprise that its handmade beard combs are considered to be the best in the business. This three-piece set gives you an option for your everyday maintenance and grooming at home, a coarse-toothed pocket comb for tidying up on the go, and an extra small mustache and beard comb for finishing off the ends.
Go-Comb Stainless Steel Mesh Beard Comb
Go-Comb’s longest-running style comes in stainless steel mesh to reduce weight and add extra grip for easy combing. This fine-toothed piece is crafted with precision, and although it doesn’t have a, Go-Combs are built with durability and are always small enough to slide inside of your wallet so you can freshen up your whiskers before a meeting or unplanned dinner date.
The Roosevelts Beard Co. Pocket Beard Comb
This beard comb from The Roosevelts Beard Co. has a traditional configuration with both fine- and coarse-toothed ends so you can polish every inch of your beard (or head hair). The comb is handmade with cellulose acetate, which is both environmentally and face-friendly, so you can still get the smooth feeling of a high-quality comb without a ridiculous price tag.
Striking Viking Folding Wood Comb
Folks love Striking Viking’s folding sandalwood comb for many different reasons, but three come to mind when we’re thinking lifestyle fits: portability, hygienic design, and outdoorsman style. If you’re a sucker for everyday carry gadgets and need a beard comb, then this medium-toothed, foldable comb is right up your alley.
Rocky Mountain Barber Co. Hatchet Edge Sandalwood Beard Comb
This multi-use comb is one of our favorites on the list, and not just because it looks like a hatchet. Featuring fine- and coarse-teeth, a convenient hard shell carrying case, and a precise edging tool for bold shaping, the hatchet-style comb holds up to the task of taking care of short or long facial hair, mustaches, sideburns — you name it. This puppy is one of the most versatile grooming companions on the market.
Abbeyhorn Ox Horn Pocket Comb
The Abbeyhorn Ox Horn Pocket Comb is handmade using old-fashioned horn-working methods. Although it may look like your typical pocket comb, this non-static ox horn effectively doubles as a beard comb because of its high-quality craftsmanship, ideal fine-toothed design, and beard-friendly ox horn substance.
The Art of Shaving Sandalwood Beard Shaping Tool
The Art of Shaving provides bearded men with only the best. This Argentinian green sandalwood beard comb is no different. The dual-sided comb features fine and coarse teeth for all your grooming necessities and a unique boomerang shape to act as a guide when trimming or shaping around the edges, all delivered in a sleek pouch for easy storage.
Smooth Viking Beard Care Beard Comb and Brush Set
Smooth Viking’s brush and comb kit delivers one of the best values on the market. Not only will you get a two-width, travel-friendly comb with fine and coarse teeth for different beard lengths, but Smooth Viking also tosses in its boar bristle beard brush to help stimulate the skin underneath your whiskers and set your beard up for greatness.
Viking Revolution Wooden Beard Comb and Case
Back in the 8th century, Vikings brushed and styled their beards with combs made of bone. Viking Revolution was created to help carry on the beard revolution in the 21st century and its beard combs are one of its top Norsemen. This dual-sided, pearwood comb is one the best because of its versatility for different beard lengths and styles, and it fits into any cost limits you may be holding yourself to.
Badass Beard Care Wide Tooth Ox Horn Beard Comb
We’re really starting to dig Badass Beard Care products, so it makes complete sense for them to be in the collection of best beard combs. Hand-carved from a solid piece of horn, then uniquely shaped, sanded, polished, and personalized with laser engraving, this comb lives up to its badass standard. What’s really great about the ox horn material is that this comb will not conduct static electricity like a nylon or plastic comb.
Baxter of California Beard Comb
Maybe you’re a simple man and don’t need to take your comb on the go or any added amenities. Well, Baxter of California’s beard comb is high-quality, traditional-looking, and works great for both your head and beard hair. Each comb is sent through Baxter’s hand-made, 12-step production process that results in a lightweight, durable, and truly smooth-toothed comb.
Big Red Beard Combs No. 9 Cherry Beard Comb
Among all the fancy, face-friendly textures, Big Red Beard Comb’s beard comb competes with the best. The craftsmanship of this beauty doesn’t go unnoticed. The two-wood blend and five-layer laminated technology make for a great looking, static-resistant, durable comb that has wide teeth best suited for longer, more luxuriously extravagant facial hair.
- 10 Best Beard Conditioners: What They Are and How They Work
- The Ultimate Work-From-Home Style Guide
- Go-Go-Gadget Grooming: 9 Best New Hair Trimming Tools
- How The Beard Club Helped Me Grow a Beard
- 8 Self-Defense Weapons that Men Can Realistically Carry (and Use)