Generally speaking, most companies tend to put function before form when designing bicycle gear, and unfortunately, style is typically more of an afterthought. But Tanner Goods isn’t most companies. As one of the premiere fashion brands based in the bike-infested city of Portland, Oregon, these guys know a thing or two about making cycling accessories that are just as fashionable as they are useful.
A little over a year a year ago, after a series of discussions with Cielo (a PDX-based bike brand), Tanner started fiddling with a few conceptual designs for a cycling collection. Over the course of a few months, this resulted in the production of three exquisitely-crafted waxed canvas and leather bags: a handlebar mounted bag for the your little necessities; a saddlebag to store a few tools for any unforeseen roadside maintenance; and a frame bag/shoulder bag capacious enough to haul a trio of 22’s from your favorite brewery.
Previously, the bags were only available if you purchased them as part of a bike frame package from Cielo, but Tanner will soon start selling the cycling collection in its own retail shops in the next few months. They’ve also been touring around the country and showing off a new pannier-style bag at various bike shows, so be sure to keep an eye out for that as well.
We’ll keep you posted on availability, but in the meantime you can find out more here.
- Boat in a Bag: Kokopelli’s Latest Packraft Makes a Splash on Kickstarter
- Can the Zero DSR Electric Motorcycle Compete with Gas-Powered Bikes?
- Carry All Your Fitness Gear in One of the Best Gym Bags for Men
- Giveaway: Premium Merino Wool Felt MacBook Case, Valet Tray, and Wine Carrier from Graf Lantz
- The New Cake Kalk Electric Off-Road Motorcycle Looks Deliciously Dirty