When you put an investment banker and an art curator together, you are bound to get a well executed and well designed luxury brand.
So is the story with handvaerk (yes it is meant to be lower case you heathen!). In Danish the term means ‘Hand Crafted’, and all of the products in this new, well received line are produced in family-owned and operated workshops in Peru.
Partners Esteban Saba (from Lima, Peru) and Petra Brischnacova (from Prague, Czech Republic) were very focused on creating a thoughtfully curated, timeless wardrobe for both sexes with a well edited selection of garments including a sweatshirt, henley, t-shirts, intimates and scarves. Esteban’s grandfather’s company imported luxury fabrics from England and Italy to South America and his mother owned a well-known knitwear company in California for three decades. Needless to say, Saba knows what he is doing.
The duo sources the finest Pima cotton from the northern coastal valleys of Peru to Scotland for the best Mongolian cashmere and superfine merino wool. More than a statement of their devotion to the highest standards of craftsmanship and quality, handveark aims to update the definition of “luxury” with thoughtful design, premium materials, and with how each product is made. Speaking of premium materials, take the piqué polo for instance, they hand harvest their cotton to preserve fiber length and pureness, maintaining its unmatched softness and natural luster. Hand harvest!
Why the Danish name on the brand? Simple – the couple is obsessed with midcentury modern Danish furniture.
The retail price for handvaerk men’s collection ranges from $45 (intimates) up to $475 (cashmere scarf) and is exclusively available at www.handveark.com.
- Swatch teases new Snoopy Moonswatch that’s basically an instabuy for us
- The best luxury wallet and card holder options for men: Smart investments to hold your money (literally!)
- Frederique Constant unveils ultra-exclusive luxury watches with one-of-a-kind meteorite dials
- Burton may have just made the most luxurious snowboarding gear ever
- Rolex, Breitling, Patek Philippe, & more: David Beckham’s collection of luxury watches is worth over $580K