Which new bourbon are we pumped about? What does it take to be a master journeyman? Where are we excited to travel to next? Each week, The Manual Podcast invites an expert, artisan, or craftsman for a roundtable discussion on what’s new, exciting, and unique in their trade.
Growing up in New Jersey, Burke says he’s been working in restaurants for almost his whole life. Working his way up from dishwasher, he then decided to enroll in culinary school, receiving his degree from the Culinary Institute of America. From there, he worked with a veritable who’s who of chefs, including some of the best French chefs in both France and America. (And, in the process, was awarded France’s prestigious Meilleurs Ouvriers de France Diplôme d’Honneur.)
Burke then talks about his time being a “celebrity chef” with appearances on just about every show you can think of — from Top Chef to Iron Chef and more. His career, if you could put one word to it, would be “epic.” (We dare you to disagree with that one.)
Finally, Burke digs into what’s on everyone’s minds — 2020 — though more specifically how, as a restauranteur, his plans have had to change because, well, you know by now (and if you don’t, we have a great deal on a bridge in Brooklyn to offer you). While this is a skip in the record, he said. they are still moving forward with new concepts to open (hopefully) by the end of the year.
Do you love French cuisine? Do you have aspirations of being a celebrity chef? Been to one of Burke’s restaurants and want to rave about it? Let us know. We want to hear from you. If you ever have a question or comment for The Manual Podcast folks, give us a shout at email@example.com — we’re always around! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter so you can join the discussion. Don’t forget, too, to rate and review the podcast where you download it.
- Everything You Need To Know About French Mother Sauces
- 5 Perfect American Pinot Noir and Pasta Pairings
- 9 of the Best International Vermouths You Need to Know
- Soccer, Food, and More with Celebrity Foodie Adam Richman
- Serving Up a Slice of Pizza Knowledge with Upside Pizza’s Noam Grossman
- Talking Lobster, Lobster Rolls, and More with the Founders of Luke’s Lobster
- Serving Up True Italian Cuisine with John DeLucie
- Chef Chung Chow of Noreetuh Breaks Down Hawaiian Cuisine