Mother’s Day is coming up and, let’s be honest, you’ll probably need all day to show your mother how much you care about her. You can’t show how you care all day, though, without starting in the morning (it’s like drinking all day, but warmer and fuzzier). To start the day off right, you’re going to need a meal that shouts, “I love you, Mom!” You’ll need a dish that, while delicious, also won’t make your mother feel awfully full for the remainder of the day. That’s where this recipe from Los Angeles-based La Brea Bakery comes in.
With so many different textures, you can even tell your mother that this is a dish meant to symbolize her on this Mother’s Day. Follow us on this one: The toast, which holds the meal together, represents her strength as a mother. The honey is (obviously) for how sweet she is. The pistachios are for her slightly nutty side (which keeps things interesting). The lemon zest garnish is for her zest for life, and the ricotta — well, who doesn’t love cheese and who doesn’t love their momma? (Use the ricotta as the space to really make this dedication your own.)
Perhaps the best part of this meal? It takes 10 minutes to put together, and is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. A quick bit of grilling, some assembly time, and boom — you’ll be reminding your mother that you’re the favorite son in no time.
Need more than just a day of good food and activities? Here is a list of the best gifts for every type of mom.
Honey Toast with Fresh Ricotta and Pistachios
(Prep time:5 minutes; cook time: 5 minutes; serves 2.)
- 4 slices of demi-baguette, sliced approx. 0.5-inch thick, (preferably La Brea Bakery Reserve French Demi Baguette)
- 8 oz fresh ricotta cheese, drained
- 0.5 cup pistachios, crushed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Salt to taste
- Lightly grill baguette slices.
- Place grilled bread on a flat surface.
- Evenly divide and spread ricotta on each piece of bread.
- Top with pistachios and drizzle with honey.
- Finish with a pinch of salt and lemon zest.
- Everything You Need To Know About Homemade Pâté
- Best Savory Dishes To Make With Pumpkin, According To Chefs
- 9 Picnic Dishes That Travel Well And Deliver On Flavor
- How To Make A Perfect Bouillabaisse At Home
- These Fancy Hot Dogs Deserve a Place at Your Barbecue