It’s almost Labor Day and for many, that means one last chance to have a summery party. With one more fiesta on the horizon, you will need one more set of cocktails to show off to your friends and prove that you are the king of summer.
This is the perfect time to remind your friend Chuck that just because he went all Pinterest-y on his Fourth of July party by cutting open a bunch of Otter Pops, adding vodka, and freezing them into boozy popsicles that he, truly, has nothing on you.
Below, you will find a wide range of cocktail recipe perfect for any type of Labor Day event you might be throwing or attending. From light and fresh to spicy, we’ve got you covered.
Bring Me a Shrubbery
(Created by Faith Alice Sleeper, Left Door, Washington, DC)
- 1.5 oz Widow Jane 10 Year Bourbon
- .5 oz Barrow’s Intense Ginger Liqueur
- .75 oz blackberry lemon thyme shrub*
- .5 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz club soda
- Sprig of thyme for garnish
Method: Shake all ingredients together except the soda water. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice. Top with 1oz Club Soda. Garnish with fresh sprig of thyme.
*Blackberry Lemon Thyme Shrub: Macerate 2 cups blackberries and 2 cups sugar, the peel of 1 lemon, and 6 sprigs of thyme. Let sit 2 days until juicy. Strain and mix with an equal part of red wine vinegar.
- 1.5 oz Ruffino Prosecco
- 1 oz simple syrup
- .75 oz lemon juice
- 5-6 raspberries
- 1 cup ice
Method: Add all ingredients into a blender and blend. Pour into a coupe and garnish with fresh raspberries on top!
(Created at 1 Kitchen by Chris Crary, 1 Hotel West Hollywood)
- 2 oz Casamigos Tequila Blanco
- 1 oz lime juice
- .75 oz agave nectar
- .25 slice of Fresno chile pepper, muddled
- Pinch of cilantro
- Top of Fresno chile pepper
Method: In an empty vessel muddle all your ingredients together, shake and strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
Oh Kale Yes!
- 1.5 oz Tequila Don Julio Blanco
- .75 oz fresh kale juice
- .75 oz agave nectar
- .75 oz fresh lime juice
- .33 oz fresh ginger juice
- Chili salt for glass rims
Method: Combine Tequila Don Julio Blanco, fresh kale juice, fresh ginger juice, fresh lime juice, and agave nectar into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well. Strain contents into rocks glass rimmed with chili salt over fresh ice.
(Courtesy of Beautiful Booze)
- 2 oz Seagram’s Extra Smooth
- 4 oz grapefruit juice
- .25 oz grenadine
- Grapefruit and umbrella garnish
Method: Add grenadine to a highball glass. Add grapefruit juice and Seagram’s Extra Smooth to a shaker. Shake then strain over ice into highball glass. Garnish with grapefruit slice and umbrella.
Sumac Salty Dog
- 2 oz Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit & Rose
- 2 oz fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 oz Fever Tree club soda
Method: Shake Ketel One and grapefruit juice together with ice. Pour into a coupe glass and top with club soda.
Coconut Gin Fizz
(Created by Ky Belk, Bar Director, El Five, Denver)
- 1.5 oz gin
- .75 oz rich simple syrup
- .75 oz canned coconut milk
- .75 oz lime juice
- .25 oz ginger juice
- Splash of club soda
- Lime wheel
Method: Combine rich simple syrup with coconut milk in a chilled shaker tin. Add remaining ingredients with ice and shake. Shake hard. Shake real hard. Strain into a Collins glass over fresh ice and top with club soda to create a foamy top. Garnish. Add an umbrella and straw if you’re feeling fancy.
Nolet’s Silver Cucumber Smash
- 1.25 oz Nolet’s Silver Gin
- 1 oz lemon juice
- .75 oz simple syrup
- Cucumber slices
- Mint leaves
Method: Muddle cucumber and mint with simple syrup and lemon juice in a mixing tin. Add Nolet’s Silver, ice and shake well. Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Nuts About Ya
(Courtesy of Fitz Bailey, Coopers’ Craft Brand Ambassador)
- 2 parts Coopers’ Craft Bourbon
- 2 spoons of Greek yogurt
- 1 part simple syrup
- 3 dashes black walnut bitters
- Serve in coupe glass
Method: Combine simple syrup, yogurt, bitters, and Coopers’ Craft into an ice-filled shaker. Shake aggressively, strain into glass. Skewered walnut for garnish.
Royal Peach Tea
- 1.5 oz Crown Royal Peach
- 6.0 oz iced tea
- 1 slice of lemon or peach
Method: Fill a mason jar with crushed ice. Add Crown Royal Peach and iced tea. Stir gently then garnish with a lemon or peach slice (or both!)
- Jam Should Be Your New Secret Weapon For Cocktails
- 6 Classic Tequila Cocktail Recipes You Need to Know
- 6 Classic Gin Cocktail Recipes You Can’t Live Without
- The Best Tiki Cockail Recipes to Try This Summer
- Light Up The Night With These Summery 4th of July Cocktail Recipes