It’s almost Labor Day and for many, that means one last chance to have a summery party. With one more fiesta on the horizon, you will need one more set of cocktails to show off to your friends and prove that you are the king of summer.
This is the perfect time to remind your friend Chuck that just because he went all Pinterest-y on his Fourth of July party by cutting open a bunch of Otter Pops, adding vodka, and freezing them into boozy popsicles that he, truly, has nothing on you.
Below, you will find a wide range of cocktail recipe perfect for any type of Labor Day event you might be throwing or attending. From light and fresh to spicy, we’ve got you covered.
Rosie from Reykjavik
(Created by Stefan Huebner, Dot Dot Dot, Charlotte, North Carolina)
- 1.5 parts Reyka Vodka
- 2 parts fresh strawberry puree, sweetened
- .5 part fresh lime juice
- 2 parts rosé
Method: Combine all ingredients into cocktail shaker except rose. Shake, strain, and top with rosé. Garnish with a strawberry and serve over crushed ice in a large snifter.
“Hangin’” With Mr. Cooper
(Created by Hiram Murray, MIA Kitchen and Bar, Delray Beach, Florida)
- 1.5 oz Coopers’ Craft Bourbon
- .75 oz Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- .75 oz Simple syrup
- .5 oz Ancho Chili Liqueur
- Jai Alai IPA or your favorite local IPA
- Fresh basil for garnish.
Method: Shake Coopers’ Craft, lemon juice, simple syrup, and Ancho with ice. Strain into a glass and top with IPA. Garnish with fresh basil.
Basil Hayden’s Spicy Pineapple Punch
(Created by Mike Hamilton, Dallas, Texas)
- 1 bottle of Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
- 17 oz lemon juice
- 5 oz honey simple syrup*
- 17 oz water
- 1 pineapple, cubed
- 1 habanero pepper, halved
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 sprig of mint for garnish
Method: Combine Basil Hayden’s Bourbon, lemon juice, honey simple syrup, and water into pitcher and stir. Add halved habanero pepper, cinnamon stick, and cubed pineapple. Set pitcher aside and refrigerate until ready. Remove habanero pepper before serving. Pour over ice in double rocks glass and garnish with a mint sprig. Serves 17.
*To create honey simple syrup, combine equal parts honey and equal parts water over heat until dissolved.
Belvedere Luxury Pineapple
- 2 oz Belvedere Vodka Ginger Zest
- 1 oz fresh pineapple juice
- .5 oz fresh lemon juice
- .5 oz honey syrup
- 5 dashes Angostura bitters
Method: Place all ingredients in the shaker. Dry shake with no ice. Add ice, shake and strain into cocktail glass.
Nolet’s Silver Watermelon Sparkler Punch
- 750 ml Nolet’s Silver Dry Gin
- (2.5) 750 ml bottles sparkling sake
- 375 ml lemon juice
- 375 ml agave nectar
- 24 oz watermelon juice
- Watermelon chunks
Method: Add all ingredients, except sake, to a punch bowl. Stir well to ensure agave liquefies with other contents (shake or blend agave and lemon juice together with ice if necessary). Refrigerate to chill and top with sparkling sake prior to serving.
- 1.5 parts Malibu Lime
- 2 parts pineapple juice
- .75 part Coco Lopez
- .5 part lime juice
- Pineapple wedge
Method: Blend with a cup of ice on high for 30 seconds. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and a cherry.
Stillhouse Watermelon Mojito
- 1.5 oz Stillhouse Coconut Whiskey or Stillhouse Original Whiskey
- .75 oz lime juice
- .75 oz watermelon puree
- .5 oz simple syrup
- 5 mint leaves, plus mint for garnish
Method: Muddle together mint leaves and simple syrup in a glass. Add crushed ice, followed by whiskey, lime juice, and watermelon puree. Stir well and garnish with additional mint.
- 2 oz Tanteo Habanero Tequila
- 2 oz fresh tomato juice
- .75 oz fresh orange juice
- .75 oz fresh lime juice
- .5 oz light agave nectar (or simple syrup)
Method: Combine ingredients in shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a salt-rimmed (Tanteo Jalapeño Salt) coupe glass. Garnish with lime and lemon wedges.
(Created by Crystal Chase, Seamstress, New York City)
- 4 oz Moët & Chandon Ice Imperial
- 25 oz Belvedere Vodka
- 5oz ginger beer
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 pomegranate white tea bag
- Crystallized ginger and a sparkler for garnish
- Ice cubes with pomegranate seeds frozen inside
Method: Take one pomegranate white teabag and steep in Moët for two minutes. Add vodka and ginger beer. Add ice cubes. Garnish with crystallized ginger and a sparkler.
- 1 part Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge
- 2 parts Appleton Estate Rum
- .5 part orgeat syrup
- .5 part fresh lime juice
- 1 lime slice, mint, and pineapple leaf to garnish
Method: Shake ingredients together with ice and strain into a glass with ice. Garnish with lime, mint, and pineapple.