After a long day of work, oftentimes the last thing you want to think about is what to make for dinner. If this is you — and let’s be honest, who has the energy or the time to meal plan weeks in advance? — what do you often do? You may order out, you may just get a bowl of cereal and call it a day, or if you’re feeling extra lazy, eschew the whole idea of dinner, and just instead pour yourself a little extra bourbon. While these are great options in their own right, we’ll do you one better: chicken teriyaki.
This dish is not only super easy to make it takes something to cook the rice in, something to cook the chicken and veggies in, and a microwave), but it’s damn delicious. In under a half-hour, you can have a nice, fresh meal that looks like it came from your local hibachi joint. As long as you hide the bags that the veggies came in, this could also easily be turned into a great date meal, as you cover the different food groups and you won’t feel weighed down after.
The best part of this recipe? You can literally buy everything you need for it on Amazon Prime Now. So what are you waiting for? Getting ordering (by following the links below) and then get cooking!
(Need something to go with this dish? Check out these spring cocktails while you’re at it. If you’re cooking for more than yourself, you might want to consider this playlist, too. And once you’ve mastered the simple stir-fry, try your hand at this delicious ribeye steak recipe.)
Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 bag stir fry vegetables
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Chili oil, optional
- Set rice to cook on the stovetop, in a rice cooker, or an Instant Pot (our personal favorite method) according to the instructions before cooking the rest. For a more flavorful rice, add a cube of chicken bouillon to the rice while cooking it.
- Pre-cook stir-fry vegetables and set aside (using a steam-in-a-bag option is great here).
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add chicken and stir occasionally, cooking until a light brown in color. The chicken should be cooked, but not all the way through (around eight to 10 minutes).
- Add stir-fry vegetables and sauce.
- Stir to mix and simmer until chicken is cooked thoroughly (another five to eight minutes or so).
- Serve on top of rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
- 5 Digital Food Scales to Smarten Up Your Kitchen (and Meal Prep)
- Armchair Amazon-ing: Check Out these Amazing Amazon Digital Coupons
- Rub Your Meat: The Best Dry Rubs for Barbecue
- Portion Control: 11 Best Meal Prep Containers on the Market
- Best Thing Since Sliced Bread: Sandwich Makers and Accessories