If you’re going to make drinks at home, you need the right equipment. Even if you have the best booze in the world, you’re still not going to be able to make something as simple as a martini without a strainer. Having the right set of barware could make all the difference between the best Old Fashioned you’ve ever had and simply drinking a pint of bourbon with some cherries in it.
Finding said barware, though, might get confusing if you’ve not made drinks before. That’s where we come in. You may not know the difference between a Hawthorne strainer and a julep strainer, but you don’t have to! Below, we’ve collected everything you need to build the ultimate barware kitfor your home bar. The best part? You don’t even have to leave your house to get anything — simply click the links and buy from the comfort of your favorite La-Z-Boy.
For each of the sections, we’ve chosen both cheap and high-end options. If you’re strapped for cash, go for the lower-priced stuff for now. Once you’ve mastered the art of mixing drinks, come back and upgrade your set. Then, when you’ve done that, head to the bottom of the list and check out the super high-end man cave toys to really have the best bar on the block.
A quick note: Check out the difference between Boston shakers and Cobbler shakers here. You don’t need both (unless you want them), so you can make a decision based on your skill behind the stick.
- QLL Boston Shaker – $18
- OxO Steel Cocktail Shaker – $30
- Towle Copper Plated Cocktail Shaker – $40
- Lighthouse Cocktail Shaker – $254
- Winco Stainless Steel Julep Strainer – $4
- Norpro Stainless Steel Mesh Strainer, 3-Inch – $5
- Winco Stainless Steel 4 Prong Bar Strainer – $7
- Chef Craft Waiters Corkscrew – $2.50
- HiCoup Premium Waiters Rosewood Corkscrew – $10
- Rabbit Tabletop Corkscrew – $150
- OxO Good Grips Peeler – $9
- Ritz Cotton Terry Dish Towels – $11
- Samuel Whiskey Mate 2-Inch Ice Cube Trays- $12
- Cocktail Kingdom “Bad Ass” Muddler – $14
- Victorinox Channel Knife – $21
- Reed & Barton Mercer Olive Picks – $30
- Cocktail Kingdom David Wondrich Collection Punch Bowl – $75
- Bull in China Bird’s Eye Maple Ice Mallet – $110
- Best Fishing Gear for Both Amateurs and Experienced Anglers
- 18 Best Food Documentaries of All Time
- Expert Pitmaster Tips on How to Smoke a Brisket at Home
- The 25 Amazon Prime Movies to Stream Right Now
- The 10 Best Carry-On Luggage and Backpacks for Your Next Trip