Not that you particularly care about fashion trends, but the combination of workout clothing continuing to cross over into acceptable everyday wardrobes and designers’ current penchant for reinterpreting looks from the 1990s has made the hoodie hot again.
Although you probably already have at least well-worn one in your wardrobe, these athletic-inspired items, which still have a slightly rebellious connotation thanks to their history as favorites of hip-hoppers and skaters, are now offered in contemporary, slimmer silhouettes and luxury materials such as cashmere. Facebook CEO and founder Mark Zuckerberg’s penchant for wearing a dark one with jeans has even made hoodies office-appropriate (well, in some offices that is).
Perfect layering pieces for fall that have you covered on those days you forget to pack a hat, modern hoodies for men look and wear great whether they are pullovers or zip-ups.
Here are 15 high quality up-to-date models in a broad range of prices that will keep you warm while giving off just a whiff of a badass attitude this autumn.
Pullover Hoodie by FILSON ($145)
- The Color of the Season: Where to Get It and What to Wear
- Gear Up for Winter With the Best Fleece Clothing for Men
- It’s Hoodie Season: 6 Hooded Sweatshirt Options to Keep You Warm this Winter
- Bundle Up Before It’s Too Late with the Best Winter Sweaters for Men
- Stock Up on the Best Crewneck Sweatshirts for Men this Fall