Which new bourbon are we pumped about? What does it take to be a master journeyman? Where are we excited to travel to next? Each week, The Manual Podcast invites an expert, artisan, or craftsman for a roundtable discussion on what’s new, exciting, and unique in their trade.
A men’s grooming brand that’s been around for around a decade, Duke Cannon grew out of the wish to create a grooming brand for men that stood out from the Axe body sprays and Old Spice shower gels of the world. Swartz and his co-founder, Anthony Albanese, decided, then, to create Duke Cannon. After bandying some other names about — hearing what they are makes this episode worth it alone — they settled on DC.
From there, they began with a single product, a big ass bar of soap. Now, ten years later, the Duke Cannon line covers just about every men’s grooming product you could think of. Swartz takes the team through that timeline, discussing how one builds a brand, how they decided on what their scents and products were going to be, and much more along the way.
Also along the way, hear about the different collaborations Duke Cannon has completed, how many times a day (on average) at least one member of the podcast smells their pits, and one member’s (possible) failed experimentations with Axe body spray.
Do you use Duke Cannon? Do you have a different favorite grooming brand? Have you ever thought that you need to take care of your body and hair and are eager to find out how? Let us know. We want to hear from you. If you ever have a question or comment for The Manual Podcast folks, give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org — we’re always around! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter so you can join the discussion. Don’t forget, too, to rate and review the
- Duke Cannon Has Entered the Fragrance-Sphere With the Proper Cologne Line
- The 8 Best Solid Colognes for Men in 2020
- The Best Products to Combat Swamp Crotch and Sweaty Balls
- The Best Solid Toiletries to Replace the Liquids in Your Carry-On
- Zoom Grooming with Celebrity Barber Kenny Duncan
- Grooming Awards 2020 Finalists: The Best Beard Products for Men
- Talking About The State of the Country With Jackie Summers
- The 10 Best Beard Conditioners: What They Are and How They Work
- Soccer, Food, and More with Celebrity Foodie Adam Richman