What new bourbon are we pumped about? Which hiking trail are we exploring? Why is the next supercar so cool? The Manual is dedicated to helping men live a more engaged life. Each week, our editors and guests get together for a round-table discussion about what’s new, exciting, and unique in the men’s lifestyle world. So pop open your favorite brew, step into your man cave, and start streaming.
For this week’s episode of Beards, Booze, and Bacon: The Manual Podcast, the round-table — Editor-in-Chief Cator Spark; Associate Editor of Lifestyle Chase McPeak; and host Greg Nibler — chat about Cator and Chase’s specialty: men’s style. More specifically: men’s summer style.
But first, the show begins witha light-hearted conspiracy theory involving spray-on glass and wrinkle- and stain-resistant shirts and their suppression by the dry-cleaning mafia. Feel free to send your own theories to email@example.com. We welcome all tinfoil-hatters.
After that fun digression, Cator directs the group to a discussion on formal outfits for summer 2018 courtesy of Brooks Brothers, along with what to look for this season: seersucker fabric, lightweight sweaters, and nautical stripes. He then shares details about his recent trip to Portland menswear store, Lizard Lounge, where he learned about the most recent trends: unstructured blazers, desert boots, and floral prints. Chase then gives us a rundown on the best men’s swimsuits on the market right now, including transitional trunks that can go from beach to bar, as well as a warning to parents of young boys about the dangers of mesh and net linings in swim shorts. Finally, the guys talk custom shirting and clothing brands, pointing out their utility for men with more muscle or those that are of the huskier variety.
- The 10 Best Swim Trunks to Win Summer
- What to Wear this Spring and Summer with Lizard Lounge
- Custom Clothing Brands to Try
- Formal Wear for Spring and Summer 2018 with Brooks Brothers
- Beards, Booze, and Bacon: The Travel Portland Episode
- Beards, Booze, and Bacon: The Cocktail Party Etiquette Episode
- Camp Literally Anywhere with the World’s 10 Most Extreme Overland Vehicles
- Everything You Need to Know About Firstleaf Wine Club
- The Best Places to Travel in 2018 and Where You Should Visit Instead