There’s a new lady in your life and she’s coming over. You know she loves a good cocktail. You’re trying to woo her, to show her that you’re the kind of guy she should be with, so you decide to pull out all the stops and look up some fancy cocktails. The only problem, you realize, is that your cocktail shaker is from your frat boy days at State and the moment you go to shake it, you’re drenched in a fine spray of Aperol, simple syrup, and top shelf liquor. That may have been cool when the boys were coming over for a night of beer pong and Jäger bombs, but not now.
Enter Shaker 33, the first real improvement on the cocktail shaker since 1933.
Founded by Scott Tavenner and created by Michael Liebowitz, Shaker 33 is a cocktail shaker that takes a classic design and makes it better. We were sent a prototype shaker form Shaker 33 to see if this was true and, damn, were they right.
Some of the highlights of our time with Shaker 33 included:
- The lid didn’t fly off by accident and it didn’t get stuck on there, either.
- Shaker 33 uses a special integrated ice strainer, which allowed for both quick pours and a slower, finely strained pour.
- It was easy to clean up and dishwasher safe.
- It was shatterproof, which came in handy after a cocktail or six.
For those still going, okay, that’s cool, but what else is there…
- It’s BPA-free.
- It’s made in the USA. (And, really, what else do you need?)
Shaker 33 is currently running their Kickstarter campaign and are currently about halfway to their goal with a little over three weeks to go. For as little as $25, you can get your very own Shaker 33. Not only will it step your cocktail game up, but it’ll do it without breaking the bank.
Check out Shaker 33 on Kickstarter and get in on the ground floor of this home cocktail revolution.
- Meet the Super Bowlus, the Ultimate Tailgating Aluminum Trailer
- New Music Preview: Franz Ferdinand, Belle and Sebastian, and Brandi Carlile
- The Lady-Approved List of Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Her
- Liquor is Quicker at NYLO’s Willy Wonka-Themed Cocktail Factory
- Corridor Bar by BDI is the perfect ‘New Year, New You’ Gift to Yourself