Thanksgiving doesn’t always have to be about turkey, mashed potatoes, and awkward conversations with family members who insist you should be doing more meaningful things with your life.
This Thanksgiving, quiet those relatives and make it easier on everyone by making one of these wonderful fall punches the centerpiece of your meal.
Boodles Proper Punch
- 18 oz Boodles Mulberry Gin
- 18 oz Apple cider
- 6 oz Fresh orange juice
- Splash of lemon juice
- Cinnamon Stick
Method: Combine ingredients in a punch bowl and serve warm or cold.
Clementine & Butternut Squash Bellini
(Created by Richard Woods of SUSHISAMBA, NYC)
- 22.5 oz Butternut squash juice
- 7.5 oz Clementine juice
- 4.5 oz Sugar syrup (equal parts sugar & water)
- 1 bottle Prosecco
Method: Peel 1 butternut squash chop and pass through a vegetable juicer. Strain juice through a coffee filter and reserve. Peel and juice clementines. Mix butternut squash juice, clementine juice and sugar syrup together . Pour into champagne flute and top with an equal part prosecco.
- 18 oz Sons of Liberty Pumpkin Whiskey
- 8 oz Apple cider
- 4 oz Simple syrup
- 2 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 12 Dashes Angostura bitters
- 10 oz Tonic water
Method: Combine first 5 ingredients in serving bowl. Top with Ice and tonic water. Garnish with some Cinnamon Sticks
(Created by Jonathan Pogash, The Cocktail Guru)
- 1 bottle Sandeman Porto Founders Reserve
- 20 ounces of apple cider
- 10 ounces of fresh lemon juice
- 10 ounces of ginger syrup
Method: Combine ingredients into a punch bowl with ice and stir well. Serve with sliced apples and lemons inside the bowl.
And for those that want to spice up the desert tray a little bit:
Cranberry Gelatin Shots
(makes 20 shots)
- ¼ cup UV Vodka
- 3 oz package cranberry gelatin
- 2 ¼ cup cranberry juice
Method: Heat cranberry juice until it boils, pour in bowl and mix in gelatin until dissolved. Add UV Vodka and pour into shot cups. Put in fridge to set overnight.
- 9 Fall Cocktail Recipes to Enjoy with Cooler Weather
- 4 Apple Cider Cocktails You Owe It To Yourself to Try this Autumn
- 4 Inventive Spritz Cocktail Recipes That Don’t Use Aperol
- Celebrate National Tequila Day with These Awesome Agave Cocktails
- Learn the Art of Classic Tiki Cocktails With These 8 Essential Recipes