Today we speak to Michael Satsky, co-owner of Provocateur, a nightclub in New York City.
I worked in hospitality and marketing for Morgan’s hotel group and Grand Hospitality. before opening my own restaurant, Smoked, in 2003. Then I merged with my current partner, Brian Gefter, who had an event management company, to open Stereo (NYC) in 2005, Lily Pond (East Hampton) in 2008 and Provocateur in 2009 (NYC). Brian and I also developed the off-site pop-up by partnering with Swedish House Mafia, to create the Provocateur experience within music festivals, film festivals, etc.
Late last year, we expanded Provocateur globally with the opening of Provocateur Dubai. Next up, we are opening a 10,000 square foot authentic live music venue in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan and developing boutique hotels.
As for Satsky’s personal style:
Jeans: Dior Homme Jeans
-T-shirts: Helmut Lang Spring Jersey Tee
-Button Down: Saint Laurent Signature Yves Collar Shirt
Pants: Theory Marlo Suit Pant
Suits: I usually go with tailor made suits
Outerwear: Army by Yves Salmon Parka
Favorite Cologne: I never wear cologne. For lotion, I like Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder pink bottle.
Your favorite App: Syracuse University Go Orange App
Favorite piece of technology: Apple TV
Next tech purchase: IBM Watson
- Lose the Liquid with the Best-Smelling Solid Colognes
- Meet Corridor, the Fashionable Clothing Company Founded by a Former FBI Agent
- Fall Running Gear: Must-Haves for Adjusting to Autumn Temperatures
- Levi’s x Justin Timberlake Fresh Leaves Collection is Fall Fashion Done Right
- Reflections on Running 40 Kilometers Through the Swiss and French Alps