Which new bourbon are we pumped about? What does it take to be a master journeyman? Where are we excited to travel to next? Each week, The Manual Podcast invites an expert, artisan, or craftsman for a roundtable discussion on what’s new, exciting, and unique in their trade.
Off Menu is a look at the food of Los Angeles, but more importantly an exploration of the people that make the food. Whether it’s exploring LA’s Chinatown or heading to Tijuana to eat tacos, Peterson is on the hunt for the stories behind the dishes.
This is not the first time Peterson has done a series about food. Before his work at the LA Times, his food writing career saw him at Eater, among other places. On the show, Peterson talks about how he got where he is — and how he more or less got lucky and fell into his job.
Peterson also talks about what is next for the show. With ten episodes in the current season, he talks about what the next season might contain.
Finally, Greg grills Peterson about his time as a Jeopardy champion — and what it takes to shoot multiple shows in a row.
Do you have a favorite LA restaurant that you think should get some extra loving? Have you also been a Jeopardy champion — or contestant? We want to hear from you. If you ever have a question or comment for The Manual Podcast folks, give us a shout at email@example.com — we’re always around! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter so you can join the discussion. Don’t forget, too, to rate and review the podcast where you download it.
- Talking Food Trucks and Fusion Cuisine with The Peached Tortilla’s Eric Silverstein
- The Rise of Taiwanese Food Chain Din Tai Fung
- Welcome to Funner, California (Yes, It’s a Real Place)
- The Peached Tortilla’s Fried Rice Recipe Is Just Plain Delicious
- Chef Chung Chow of Noreetuh Breaks Down Hawaiian Cuisine
- The Best Food and Cooking Shows on Netflix to Binge Right Now
- How to Host a Miami Beach Party When It’s Still Freezing Outside
- The Manual Podcast’s Efforts to Work From Home
- The Best Documentaries on Netflix Right Now