After chatting about how they got to the winners and what it’s like to blind taste almost 30 spirits in a row (hint: it’s not easy), the crew talks about why an award series like this is important and the best ways to consume a winning bottle. If you’re not a straight spirit kind of person, don’t worry — each winner is presented with a classic cocktail that you can easily try at home.
If you haven’t perused the Spirit Awards yet, check it out! Each of the nine categories has its own page dedicated to telling the stories behind the type of liquor, the winner, the distillery behind the champ, and the runners-up. Some (unfortunately, not all) have nationwide distribution, so you should be able to find at least one winning bottle in your town.
And if you have a question for The Manual podcast folks, give us a shout at email@example.com — we’re always around! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter and keep an eye out for our weekly podcast polls so you can join the discussion.
- The Manual Spirit Awards 2018
- The Best Flavored Vodka Made in America
- The Best American Bourbon
- The Best American Single Malt Whiskey
- 9 Best Gins for a Refreshing Gin and Tonic
- A 72-Hour Guide to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail
- What is Cognac? A Quick Guide to the Classic French Spirit
- The Best Food and Cooking Shows on Netflix to Binge Right Now
- The Best Podcasts to Listen to While You’re Working From Home