A few months ago, we got to spend a day eating our way around Citi Field while also judging beers at the Bacon and Beer Classic. It was pretty freakin’ sweet. (If you missed it, check it out here!) That experience was why we jumped at the chance to attend Whiskey Feast, a new project from the creators of BBF.
Whiskey Feast was a one-day event in November that brought together a variety of restaurants and bars from across New York City to compete against each other in the cocktail and small bites categories. Held at Hudson Terrace, feast-goers were able to eat and drink till their heart’s content (or they were full, either/or).
To add to the revelry, Whiskey Feast featured a live DJ, spin art (who doesn’t like pretending to be a kid while getting mildly intoxicated?), a photo booth, and, the pièce de résistance: a doughnut wall.
Yeah, you heard me. An entire wall made of doughnuts (which were supplied by Underwest Doughnuts). The hard part was not finding the doughnut wall, nor appreciating its beauty. The hardest part was deciding which flavor of doughnut to take.
If cocktails weren’t your thing, they also had straight pours of various whiskeys, including Four Roses and Wyoming Whiskey.
At the end of the day, the ultimate winners were as follows:
- People’s Choice Dish: Natwerks
- People’s Choice Cocktail: The Passage, Astoria
- Best Cocktail: Queens Bully
- Best Dish: Rahi
- Honorable Mention: Tipsy Scoop
- Staff’s Pick: Wowfulls and Beehive Oven Biscuit Cafe
Now, if you haven’t already, check out our video recap of the event above (and salivate over that doughnut wall. Seriously.)
- 2017 Holiday Gift Guide: The Best Gifts for Men
- Everything You Need to Know About January’s Super Blue Blood Moon
- There’s More than Just ‘Breaking Bad’ in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 5 American-Made Smokey Whiskeys to Enjoy with Barbecue
- Sweet Auburn BBQ Fuses Asian Flavors with Classic Southern Barbecue