There aren’t many places that you’ll be able to find singing buskers, professional dancers, and twelve rooms full of bespoke cocktails, but for one afternoon on Sunday, August 14 at the picturesque Foundry in Long Island City, New York, you will be able to. Secret Summer NYC 2016 is approaching, and with it, a slew of farm-to-table cocktails and a one-of-a kind experience that, if you’re in the City, you need to go to.
The highlight of the event, obviously, will be the bespoke cocktails we just mentioned. Created by RAPT and using only ingredients from Farm One, an urban farm located in New York City that sources fresh herbs and other ingredients for bartenders and chefs. Using these fresh ingredients, these cocktails all will literally go from farm to bar.
Now, you’ve heard of farm-to-table before, but think about farm-to-bar a little more. Not only are you getting the freshest-possible ingredients, but you’re getting them in booze. This is, quite possibly, the definition of win-win.
In its second year, Secret Summer is bringing some of the top spirits labels together for a palate-changing event and one of the best ways to tackle the dog days of summer. Guests will be able to travel through twelve different rooms, experiencing a variety of drinks, some of which you can check out below.
If cocktails and a beautiful view of the City aren’t enough for you, there will also be cuisine from some of the top area food trucks (Van Leeuwen Ice Cream, and more), live music, a Spin ping-pong garden, performances by aerialists, art installations, flash tattoo stations, and much more.
Before you go, try out some of the Farm-to-Bar Cocktails that will be available:
- 1oz Cinnamon/Basil Syrup
- 2oz Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- 2 Dashes House-Infused Bergamot Bitters
- 1 Sprig Green Market Peppermint
- 1 Leaf Farm One Purple Rufe Basil
Method: Fill an old-fashioned with ice, add bourbon, add syrup, bitters. Stir to combine, and top with peppermint and basil.
- 2.5oz Finlandia Premium Vodka
- 1oz Market Beetroot Juice
- 3/4 oz House-Infused Allspice Falernum
- 1 Leaf ‘Farm One’ Red-Veined Sorrel
Method: Shake all ingredients and strain into a cocktail coupe; garnish with Sorrel.
Tickets for Secret Summer 2016 are available here and range from $125-$150 per person.
- 20 Valentine’s Day Cocktail Recipes That Say ‘I Love You’
- The 12 Best Bloody Mary Mixes in 2021, Reviewed
- The 17 Best Mocktail Recipes To Make for Dry January
- The 10 Best Whiskies for Irish Coffee This 2021
- 23 Best Holiday Cocktail Recipes to Try This Christmas