The cool snap of fall is in the air, beckoning you outdoors and away from the smog of the cities to seek out clear night skies, full of stars. Camping trips allow you to experience some of life’s greatest pleasures. Mornings are for coffee heated over the camp fire. Lazy days are spent reading in hammocks, fishing in the creeks, or hiking through the tall trees. In the evening, when everyone has returned to camp, it’s time to enjoy a few beers before starting it all over again tomorrow.
To make the most of your brew consumption on your next camping adventure, you’ll need to remember a few things and invest in some beer accessories:
- First, canned beers are lighter, more resilient, and easier to pack and transport than glass bottles.
- Second, you need a decent cooler to keep the beer cold with minimal trips to refill ice.
- Finally, bring enough beer to share. The stillness of the campground is a great time to settle in and compare notes on your favorite brews. Beer is also a great social lubricant for those long, fire-side chats where you and your camp mates solve the world’s problems.
For those who truly want to drink off the grid, Pat’s Backcountry Beverages makes a portable carbonator and brew concentrate, so you can shake up your own Black IPA on the go without packing a single can.
If a 65-quart Otterbox cooler isn’t in your budget, you may be stuck with a weekend’s worth of food filling your puny cooler with no room left over for beer. Thankfully, the Chill-O-Matic Automatic Beverage Chiller cools cans down in 60 seconds with just a handful of ice.
For the morning after, when you need that extra pick-me-up, Stoked Stix from Stoked Roasters and Coffeehouse make that first cup of coffee incredibly simple and tasty. It’s instant coffee that doesn’t taste like instant coffee. And if you’re going to do this all again tomorrow, you’d better start the day off right.
- TrailKeg is a Trail-ready Growler Designed to Take Your Beer Anywhere
- Get Ready for the Big Game with these Super Bowl Party Essentials
- Brooklyn Brew Shop Offers Pint-Size Beer Making Kits for Small Kitchens
- 4 Beer Accessories for Some Extra Drinking Fun
- Brew the Perfect Jolt of Java with these Home Espresso Machines