After having done the leg work to try as many of the drinks as we could, and coming nowhere close, we picked out some of our favorites from the five day-long event. Some of these may feature hard to find ingredients, but the good thing about cocktails is that with a little know-how (and the will to be a little adventurous), you’ll be able to recreate them in no time.
(Cocktail Developed by Mixologist Lauren Mote)
- 3 oz Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye
- .75 oz Lemon Juice
- .75 oz Apple-Black Tea Syrup
- .5 oz Amontillado Sherry
- .5 oz Aperol
- 2 Dashes Bittered Sling Kensington Aromatic Bitters
- Ginger beer to fill
Method: Mix ingredients together and shake with ice. Strain into a Collins glass filled with pebble ice and top with ginger beer.
(Created by Ashela Richardson, Flor de Caña Ambassador)
- 5 parts Flor de Caña 7 rum
- 1 part coconut water
- .75 parts fresh orange juice
- .25 parts fresh lime juice
- .25 parts Small Hand Foods pineapple gum syrup
Method: Combine ingredients and shake well. Strain over fresh ice in a tall glass. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
- 1 oz Bulleit Bourbon
- 1.5 oz Bulleit Barrel Aged Revelator Coffee Petunias Blend Syrup
- 2 oz water
- 1.5 oz heavy cream
- 0.5 oz orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon
- 5 drops orange blossom flower water
Method: Combine all ingredients and then freeze. Once frozen, place 6 oz. into a glass and top with 1 oz. seltzer water.
3 Dots & A Deer
- 1 oz Jägermeister
- 1 oz Clement Blanc
- .5 oz St Elizabeth’s Allspice Dram
- .5 oz Taylors Velvet Falernum
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- .75 oz Lime Juice
- .5 oz Honey Syrup
- Mint Sprig
Method: Mix ingredients together with ice and double strain into a tall glass with ice.
(Created by Alexander Kady, Denver, CO)
- 75 oz Patrón Reposado
- .5 oz Patrón Citrónge Mango
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- .5 oz light agave syrup
- 1 medium avocado
- dash celery bitters
- dash grapefruit bitters
- chipoltle chili salt
- sliced mango for garnishBottom of Form
Method: Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out half of one side and add to cocktail tin, mashing with spoon until soft. Add liquid ingredients to the tin, use a spoon to release avocado from the side of the tin, and “dry shake” the contents (without ice) until the avocado is broken up and emulsified. Rim a double old fashioned glass with chipotle chili salt* and fill with ice. Add ice to shaker tin and shake vigorously until well chilled. Use a mesh strainer to “fine strain” the cocktail into the iced glass. Garnish with a ribbon of mango.
* Chipotle chili salt: .5 c salt to 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 oz Macallan 12 Sherry Oak
- .5 oz Hum Liqueur
- Long Orange Peel
- 3 Brandy Soaked Cherries
- 1 bar spoon of Brown Sugar
- Garnish: Lemon Twist
Method: Muddle cherries with an orange peel and sugar. Add remaining ingredients and ice. Shake and strain through a fine strainer to a glass filled with fresh ice. Squeeze and drop lemon peel.
From Ireland with Love
(Created by Tim Herlihy, Tullamore D.E.W. Ambassador)
- 2 parts Hibiscus-infused Tullamore D.E.W.
- ¾ parts fresh lime juice
- ¾ parts ginger syrup
- 2 dried Makrut lime leaves
- 2 dashes Boston Bitters
Method: Combine ingredients and shake well. Strain over fresh ice in a tall glass.
Method: Stir all ingredients over ice in a mixing glass. Strain over ice in a rocks glass and garnish with an orange zest.
(Cover and Tullamore photo credit: Jennifer Mitchell Photography)
- 32 Easy and Delicious Recipes That Any Man Can Learn How to Make
- 6 Essential Scotch Cocktails That You Need to Know
- 12 Great Marinades for Beef, Pork, Chicken, Seafood, and Veggies
- How to Make the Best Hurricane Cocktail this Summer
- The French 75: Explosive Flavor Born in the City of Lights