Today we speak to event and landscape designer Ron Wendt.
I am from Texas originally, but have been in New York for 25 years. I began a garden design business on arrival but was soon asked to handle the decor for a high level luncheon at Tiffany & Co. A guest from Chanel had attended and asked me to create the décor for a fashion show which lead to a wedding at the St. Regis Hotel and then so on.
Event design greatly appealed to me as the creative process was much more immediate than with gardens, bringing color, texture and light together for one specific event creating environments for guests to move through and interact with. I loved it.
In 2011, I received a Master’s Degree in Garden Design to continue my love of exterior space and garden planning. There are so many more exciting techniques and possibilities in garden design today; while expectations are higher with events as well.
As for his personal style:
Jeans: Levi’s 510’s in various shades.
Pants: Jeans only
Your favorite App: Uber
Favorite piece of technology: My iPhone6
Next tech purchase: Master & Dynamic Headphones MH40
- Tips for Staying Healthy on the Road from People Who Get Paid to Drink
- Being Pushed by the Aprilia Dorsoduro 900 Is an Absolute Confidence Builder
- Pirelli’s P Zero Performance Tires Uncover the Potential of a Daily Driver
- Reflections on Running 40 Kilometers Through the Swiss and French Alps
- What It’s Like to Drive a Tank for the First Time Ever