Today we speak to event and landscape designer Ron Wendt.
I am from Texas originally, but have been in New York for 25 years. I began a garden design business on arrival but was soon asked to handle the decor for a high level luncheon at Tiffany & Co. A guest from Chanel had attended and asked me to create the décor for a fashion show which lead to a wedding at the St. Regis Hotel and then so on.
Event design greatly appealed to me as the creative process was much more immediate than with gardens, bringing color, texture and light together for one specific event creating environments for guests to move through and interact with. I loved it.
In 2011, I received a Master’s Degree in Garden Design to continue my love of exterior space and garden planning. There are so many more exciting techniques and possibilities in garden design today; while expectations are higher with events as well.
As for his personal style:
Jeans: Levi’s 510’s in various shades.
Pants: Jeans only
Your favorite App: Uber
Favorite piece of technology: My iPhone6
Next tech purchase: Master & Dynamic Headphones MH40
- The Story of a Smokejumper with Airborne Firefighter Jason Ramos
- What to Expect From Your First Road Racing Experience
- The Ultimate Supercross Experience Includes a Riding Lesson from Ricky Carmichael
- Reclaiming the Past With Indian Motorcycle’s Scout Sixty
- 15 Men’s Ties We’ll Be Wearing This Spring and Summer