Today we speak to Australian designer Amadio Colafella:
I was born in Melbourne, Australia and I was lucky enough to grow up in the fashion business. My parents worked in the trade and owned a knitwear company, so I’ve always had fashion around me and it has become part of my world.
When I started to go out to clubs I was lucky enough to make friends with a great group of people who I ended up working for. First it was Peter Alexander who was and still is incredible at what he does. Then it was Morrissey Edmiston which was a wild and memorable experience. After that was for jean queen Bettina Liano and now at Elk where I love coming to work every single day. Fashion and family has always been interlinked for me and I have only worked where I am able to share and feel that experience.
I started at Elk coming on five years now and it is such a rare business that it is just as much about family and community as it is about fashion. The company has changed so much and the future is bright.
Watches: Vintage Rolex Date Just
Scarves: Hermes, Dries Van Noten
Leather jackets: Vintage, Rick Owens
Your favorite App: Any one that deals with streaming new music
Favorite Technology: I’m not really a tech head. Technology for me is a way to do business rather than a way of life.
Next Tech Purchase: Whichever of my tech items breaks first.
- How Spawn Creator Todd McFarlane Keeps Forging His Own Path
- The First Non-Athlete to Receive the ISPO Cup is 93-Year Old Gert Boyle
- A Comprehensive Gear Guide for Trekking Through Nepal
- How One Denver Restaurant is Introducing Native American Food to the Hungry Masses
- Sweet Auburn BBQ Fuses Asian Flavors with Classic Southern Barbecue