For their first ever collaboration, Carhartt Work in Progress and Converse have combined iconic features from both brands into one fantastic (and your next) summer sneaker: the Converse X Carhartt WIP Chuck Taylor ’70s Ox.
Using rugged, “no-frills” Carhartt materials such as Tiger Camo Ripstop and Duck Canvas, these Chucks are reflective of both brands’ ethos of everyday wearability and durability. With each brand having been around for what seems like forever (Carhartt since 1889, Converse since 1908), it is exciting to see a fresh focus on the classic sneaker as not only a fashion piece, but also as long-lasting footwear.
The shoes sport triple-stitch workwear detailing on the upper and a red bar tack stitch on the outsole–much like the reinforced stress-points in Carhartt WIP’s chore coats. Gold and silver eyelets are also a nod back to the original Carhartt buttons and rivets on their iconic workwear. On these Chucks, the eyelets serve as a shining contrast to the shoe’s matte finish all while protecting your laces and loops.
Colorways for the sneaker vary from the aforementioned Camo Tiger, to Hamilton brown, to white drill. Each refined and understated color would pair perfectly with blue chambray shorts and a nice summer button down.
- Pack Your Bags: These are the Top Travel Destinations for 2018
- All the Ingredients in this Delicious Ribeye Steak Recipe Can Be Delivered to Your Door
- Pack It In: Essential Gear for Winter Camping
- Food and Sake Pairings that aren’t Traditional Japanese Dishes
- Mind Your Money with these Fantastic Wallets Under $200