Whether you’ve been putting off the passport application process because it’s too much of a hassle or you’re just not sure where to start, we can help you get a new passport stress-free before the new year.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about how to get a passport and how ItsEasy.com can be your trusted concierge throughout the process.
Routine passport processing takes 7-10 weeks, but you can pay for expedited processing to get your passport in 3-5 weeks.
If you’re applying for a passport renewal, the processing time is generally faster, with renewals typically taking 4-6 weeks. You can renew your passport if it’s expired or expires within the next six months.
What do you need to get a passport?
With the extensive wait time, you’d think getting a passport would be a complex and arduous process — but it’s actually pretty simple. All you need is a few basic documents and a willingness to follow a few steps.
Here’s a general overview of what you need to get a passport:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship: You’ll need an original or certified copy of your birth certificate, Certificate of Naturalization, or Consular Report of Birth Abroad. If you can’t find it, you can request a certified copy from the vital records office in the state where you were born.
- Proof of identity: You’ll also need a valid (read: not expired) government-issued photo ID, like a driver’s license or state ID.
- Passport photo: You’ll need a recent passport photo that meets the guidelines listed on the U.S. Department of State website.
- Completed passport application form: You’ll need to fill out Form DS-11, which can be completed online or printed and filled out by hand.
- Payment: Finally, you’ll need payment. This can be done online using a credit or debit card, check, or money order. The exact amount will depend on the type of passport you’re applying for and any additional expedited processing fees.
If you’re in a hurry to get your passport before the end of the year, ItsEasy.com can help you expedite the process. This online travel concierge offers multiple services to help you get in the air and on your way sans stress.
Here are some of the benefits of using ItsEasy.com:
- Thorough review of application documents and photos
- Round-trip standard trackable shipping labels
- Special government barcoded application forms
- PPP – Perfect Passport Photos
- 24/7/365 live customer service
- Daily status processing updates
- Complimentary passport renewal reminders
- ItsEasy Visa Widget
- Lost Passport Alert
- U.S. Passport Cards that are Real ID-compliant
- Ability to apply for a second passport
- Travel Visa Services for $99 plus government fees
Sure, you can apply for a passport independently, but ItsEasy.com takes the guesswork out of the process.
Their team of experts meticulously reviews every document, ensuring your passport photo meets the strictest standards. They even provide government-barcoded application forms to expedite processing and inform you of your passport status at every step.
- There’s a new easy way to get a Southwest Airlines companion pass
- How to find the best street food (and other travel tips), according to YouTube megastar, The Food Ranger
- Are you a minimalist? Then here’s how to pack and travel like one
- The 6 best hotels for IKON pass holders this ski and snowboarding season
- Delta Air Lines just made it much easier to get elite status (for some of us)