Some of the best things in life are soaked in booze. There’s cognac-dipped cigars, beer-battered chicken, and now, thanks to Orkney Islands-based distillery Highland Park, there’s whiskey-infused beef jerky.
To make such a fantastic concoction, Highland Park teamed up with Brooklyn-based company The Meat Hook. The jerky is make from the highest quality grass-fed NYC beef, and after being seasoned, it’s left to soak in HP’s stiff single-malt whiskey for a a few days. This imparts the meat with a subtle hint of oaky sweetness before it’s cured and dehydrated, and results in a cut of jerky that’s unlike anything you’ve ever had before.
If you know any whiskey fans, foodies, or anyone who just enjoy the finer things in life, this whiskey-infused jerky would make for an excellent gift. This would also make a delicious appetizer for the round of Holiday parties that are sure to be coming up — but there definitely doesn’t need to be a special occasion for you to enjoy this boozy treat.
Unfortunately this stuff isn’t easy to track down online, but you can get you hands on some if you stop by The Meat Hook at 100 Frost Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Meaty Munchies: 5 High-Protein Snacks made with Real Meat
- Nothing Says “Bromance” Like a Beef Jerky Broquet for Valentine’s Day
- Beards, Booze, and Bacon: For the Love of Food
- Highland Park Unleashes The Dark, a 17-Year-Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- This Virginia Distillery Just Released a Beer-Finished Whisky