If you’re planning a Cinco de Mayo celebration this week, you might want to rethink the customary margaritas and shake things up a bit with tequila. The 1800 company offers several varieties, plus recipes to inspire creative cocktails.
One of the newest offerings is 1800 Milenio, a high-end sipping tequila. It will set you back a bit—$225 for a bottle—but you deserve a luxury now and then. This premium extra-aged anejo tequila is matured for forty months in American Oak barrels and then spends four months being finished in French Oak ex-cognac barrels. It has a balanced flavor with notes of vanilla, cinnamon, and caramel.
There’s also a new cocktail recipe featuring 1800 Silver that’s perfect for Cinco de Mayo. 1800 Silver is crafted from 100% Weber Blue Agave and sells for $33 a bottle.
Mula de Mexico
- These are the 5 best plant-based protein sources for your meatless meals
- These 15 foods are ruining your skin (and, in some cases, your overall health)
- Qatar may have banned beer, but you can make these World Cup-inspired cocktails
- Eat smart during the holidays: 7 easy tips to keep you from wrecking your diet
- Video: This ‘new’ way to poach eggs might be the best (and simplest) ever