We take note when a company calls themselves, ‘The Architects of Fabrics.’ Allegri, an Italian outerwear company founded in Florence in 1961, has invested much of their time on fabric development. Yet the design has not been compromised as this new pea coat attests to.
This double wool jersey ‘Milano’ pea coat feels almost like a sweater but has the silhouette of a blazer. A perk to the piece is that it boasts a water-resistant ‘Teflon protector’ treatment maintaining the fabrics natural look and finish. For added warmth Allegri has incorporated a partial nylon protective vest which can zip in and out.
Wow your comrades with this historical fact: The term ‘pea coat’ stems from the Dutch word ‘pijjekker’, a type of blue cloth used to make the original coats.
To purchase go to Saks Fifth Avenue or Allegri.com for other locations.
- Levi’s Made & Crafted Collection is Spicier Compared to Your Regular 501s
- Columbia Sportswear Unveils Olympic Ski Uniforms for Team USA
- Outdoor Retailer + Snow Show 2018: The Best Gear of the Year
- ‘Between Harlem and Heaven’ Brings Afro-Asian-American Flavors to Your Kitchen
- A Brief History of Southern Comfort