We live in a very busy time. If we ever do get the chance to sit a spell we end up Instagramming our dog or going blind reading Twitter feeds. There was a time when people just chilled the hell out.
Proust sat around all day decoding society, Picasso painted in his drawers and George Plimpton was known to stroll the offices of The Paris Review in his boxers. These are the people who inspired Andy Spade and his collaborators Anthony Sperdutti and Chad Buri to come up with Sleepy Jones. They know that not every great idea is born while wearing a suit or selvedge denim so they created a ‘not-quite-ready-to-wear’ line for men and women composed of boxers, broadcloth pajama shirts and pants, socks and tees made for idle time.
There are also artist edition boxers, the first being with New York artist Wes Lang rolling out May 15th. We are fans of their journal. Check out their compilation of iconic artists, actresses and musicians lounging, loving and even ironing.
Next time you are feeling overwhelmed, get thee to a couch, turn off that f*&#*ing phone and stare at the ceiling, you may just have your best idea yet right then and there. Or you may simply pass out.
- Make This Year Your Most Productive (and Reflective) Yet by Learning How to Journal
- First Tattoo Tips: What to Know Before You Get Ink
- Massage For Men: What You Need to Know Before You Book Your First Appointment
- Murder and Mozzarella: How a Rock Band is Changing Louisville’s Pizza Scene
- Luxury Car Maker Pagani Teamed Up with Performance Footwear Maker Piloti for an Over-the-Top Boot Collaboration