We have all seen that dude around the water cooler who may be fit but sports a button down shirt that resembles a blimp around his waist. And how about those shirt sleeves spilling out the end of their suits. Not cool.
Everyone should have a personal tailor (don’t think we are ballers, we go to the local dry cleaners for tailoring) but for a special occasion or just to treat yourself, a custom made shirt is always on point.
We recently met the men at Bellucci Napoli who opened up an impressive space on 57th Street in Manhattan. Hailing from the birthplace of Italian tailoring, Naples, they offer a wide range of fabrics, buttons and styles to create the perfect shirt you can wear for eons.
Clients can come in for a fitting and wait several weeks for their shirts to be hand stitched in Naples or, for that ‘Oh crap, I have a wedding on Friday’ moment they offer 24 hour custom shirting crafted right there in their NYC atelier.
We enjoyed our experience of being measured for the perfect fit, choosing our fabric, buttons, collar and cuff styles all while enjoying a perfectly chilled white wine.
The Epoca 24 shirt (made in 24 hours) is $675 and the Epoca 7d is $475.
- Boulder Denim 2.0 Are the Stretchiest, Most Comfortable Jeans You Can Buy
- How to Ace a Dinner Date: Tips from an Expert Chef
- Faherty and Huckberry Team Up for a Clothing Collection That Helps the Oceans
- Get Ready for Fall With These Classic Oxford Shirts for Men
- Don’t Have a Cow, Man, with the ASOS x The Simpsons Collection