Which new bourbon are we pumped about? What does it take to be a master journeyman? Where are we excited to travel to next? Each week, The Manual Podcast invites an expert, artisan, or craftsman for a roundtable discussion on what’s new, exciting, and unique in their trade.
Admittedly, Greg and Nicole know nothing about oysters, so Rackley tells us everything we need to know about the tasty bivalves. We start by imagining what it looked like when people first started eating oysters — Brian drops an amazing Enemy Mine reference — before moving on to their use in the culinary industry.
Next, Brian walks us through the different ways of shucking and enjoying oysters. There’s no wrong way to eat one, but raw oysters and grilled oysters are definitely in our top spots. Finally. Brian shares his favorite booze pairings for these little mollusks. If you’re new to oysters like Greg and Nicole, just remember: When in doubt, go for small and salty oysters and a beer or bubble drink.
Do you have a favorite pairing or oyster recipe? Let us know! If you ever have a question or comment for The Manual Podcast folks, give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org — we’re always around! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter so you can join the discussion. Don’t forget, too, to rate and review the podcast where you download it.
- Yeah That Podcast Episode: Exploring Greenville, South Carolina with Jamarcus Gaston
- Answering Burning Questions About Candles with Jeremy Fury
- Digital Trends on Why the Latest Tech from CES 2020 Actually Matters to You
- What It Takes to Design a Restaurant, According to Shoo Shoo’s Albert Bitton
- Opening A Bottle of Sake Knowledge with Brooklyn Kura’s Brandon Doughan