Which new bourbon are we pumped about? What does it take to be a master journeyman? Where are we excited to travel to next? Each week, The Manual Podcast invites an expert, artisan, or craftsman for a roundtable discussion on what’s new, exciting, and unique in their trade.
Moving into week 1,352 of quarantine, it’s a safe bet that among other things, your hair might be starting to look a little … rough. You’re not alone in that. In order to help, we asked Duncan for tips and tricks on cutting one’s own hair.
First, though, we had to know: How does one become a celebrity barber? Turns out, it’s equal parts being good at what you do and knowing people who open doors for you. (It helps, too, when you become an ambassador and educator for a clippers company — a job that was supposed to last one year, until it didn’t.)
After giving his back story, Duncan dives into the dos and don’ts of quarantine grooming. You might be shocked, but a lot of people are messing their hair up in an attempt to not look so messed up. A key tip? Keep it simple.
Finally, Duncan discusses what you can do to support your local barber during these quarantine times. From donations to reaching out and more, he gives plenty of ideas to show your barber that you appreciate them, even if you can’t go in.
Have you attempted to cut your own hair? What about trimming your beard? How did it go? Want to show us? Let us know. We want to hear from you. If you ever have a question or comment for The Manual Podcast folks, give us a shout at email@example.com — we’re always around! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter so you can join the discussion. Don’t forget, too, to rate and review the podcast where you download it.
- The Best Hair Clippers and Trimmers for Men Available Now
- The Best Beard Trimmers to Tame Your Wild Whiskers
- The Awesome Story Behind Duke Cannon
- The Best Shaving Subscriptions for Men During Quarantine
- The Manual Podcast’s Latest Edition of the Quarantine Chronicles
- Soccer, Food, and More with Celebrity Foodie Adam Richman
- The Manual Podcast’s Quarantine Chronicles, Episode 3
- Serving Up a Slice of Pizza Knowledge with Upside Pizza’s Noam Grossman
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Shape a Beard for Your Face Shape