What new bourbon are we pumped about? Which hiking trail are we exploring? Why is the next supercar so cool? The Manual is dedicated to helping men live a more engaged life. Each week, our editors and guests get together for a round-table discussion about what’s new, exciting, and unique in the men’s lifestyle world. So pop open your favorite brew, step into your man cave, and start streaming.
For this week’s episode of Beards, Booze, and Bacon: The Manual Podcast, the round-table — managing editor Nicole Raney, food and drink editor Sam Slaughter, and host Greg Nibler — dig into Deutschland with Digital Trends Senior Features Editor Drew Prindle.
Prindle, who just spent five weeks in Germany exploring the culture, joins the crew for the 99th episode of Beards, Booze, and Bacon to talk about what he learned during his sojourn. Starting out with the most important topic — beer, naturally — the group slowly begins to cover some more interesting topics. We won’t spoil it, but the words “mountain cheese” and “finger wrestling” were used in the course of the discussion. From there, Prindle lets the team in on some tips and tricks for traveling through Germany that he learned during his stay.
If you’ve been with us since the beginning, then this episode is a must, as it is the end of one era and — with next week’s episode — the beginning of a new one. Or, alternatively, if you want to learn more about traveling around Germany, than we highly recommend tuning in.
Have you been to Germany? Have you tried finger wrestling? Let us know (especially about the finger wrestling part)! If you ever have a question or comment for The Manual podcast folks, give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org — we’re always around! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter and subscribe and rate on whichever app you use to listen to podcasts.
- 5 Best Cities to Celebrate Oktoberfest Outside of Germany
- Keep Oktoberfest Going Year-Round with Jaegerschnitzel
- Beards, Booze, and Bacon: The Oktoberfest Episode
- How the German Roots of Japan’s Sapporo Were Crucial to its American Success
- 10 True Crime Podcasts to Obsess Over Right Now
- 9 Best History Podcasts to Listen to Right Now
- The 25 Best Documentaries on Netflix Right Now
- The Best Food and Cooking Shows on Netflix to Binge Right Now
- 25 Best Netflix Series to Stream Right Now