For this week’s episode of Beards, Booze, and Bacon: The Manual Podcast, the round-table — managing editor Nicole Raney and totally bodacious host Greg Nibler — flip the tables and host our own Food and Drink Editor, Sam Slaughter, to talk about the ’90s and his new book .
A cocktail book based on ’90s pop culture, Slaughter’s oeuvre is an homage to the shows, songs, games, and more that he grew up with. Not only does he talk about the recipes and how he came up with them, but the gang also digs into why people are so obsessed with the decade as of late. For any frequent listeners of the show, Slaughter discusses the myriad puns found throughout the book, from references in instructions to the cocktail names themselves (Fresh Mint of Bel Air, anyone?)
Are you a child of the ’90s? Do you have a favorite artist/movie/show and want us to know about? Did you grow up on a solid diet of Bagel Bitesand Sunny D and live to tell the tale? Want to come to our viewing party? Let us know! If you ever have a question or comment for The Manual podcast folks, give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org — we’re always around! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter and keep an eye out for podcast polls so you can join the discussion.
You can order Slaughter’s book.
- The Best ’90s Snacks You Can Still Buy
- Take Your Cooler Back to the ’90s with the Igloo Throwback Collection
- Relive the ’90s with the Translucent G-Shock Skeleton Series
- The Craft, Art, and Journey of Woodworking, According to a Master Craftsman
- Take a Walk on the Wild Side with the Oregon Zoo
- La Brea Bakery’s Jon Davis Teaches Us Baking Basics
- Westland Distillery’s Matt Hoffman on the Rise of American Single Malt Whiskey
- Going Beyond City Limits: A Beginner’s Guide to Austin, Texas