Stuck inside on a cold winter day?
We’ve found a great new product from the folks at I Heart Keenwah that will provide the comfort food you’re longing for. We’ve long been fans of the company’s healthy chocolate puffs. Now we’re keyed into their newest product—toasted quinoa. We love the roasted, nutty flavor and ease of preparing.
All you have to do is combine a cup of quinoa with two cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, and then simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit for another 10 minutes and then enjoy. It’s gluten free, Non-GMO verified, fair trade certified, organic, vegan, and kosher. It’s also a complete source of plant-based protein, containing all nine essential amino acids.
If you want to be more creative than just serving it up straight, here’s a recipe you’ll love:
Roasted Cauliflower & Red Pepper Quinoa Bowl
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Chopped parsley
- Olive oil, as needed
- Red pepper sauce:
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 head of garlic, peeled
- 1 cup Toasted Quinoa, plus water as directed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 Tbs miso paste
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
Combine cauliflower and turmeric and roast at 400° for 35 minutes. On a separate pan, also roast the red pepper and garlic for 25 minutes. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on each to prevent sticking. Cook Toasted Quinoa as directed on the package.
In a small bowl, stir together dressing ingredients. In a food processor, blend the roasted red pepper and garlic with a pinch of salt, a drizzle of olive oil and cumin.
In a large bowl, combine cooked Toasted Quinoa with dressing and chopped parsley. Top with roasted cauliflower and red pepper sauce.
- Here’s How to Have the Tastiest (Meat)Balls on the Block
- Feast of the Seven Fishes: Recipes for a Favorite Christmas Tradition
- Pork Up Your Holiday Menu with these Delectable Honey Glazed Ham Recipes
- Seductively Delicious Aphrodisiac Recipes to Cook at Home this Valentine’s Day
- How to Butcher a Crown Roast with Chef Angie Mar (Photos)