Today we speak to real estate guru Oliver Gold.
I was born and raised in New York City, so going into real estate here was a natural path to follow. I work as a real estate agent for Douglas Elliman. My partner, Helen Arden and I specialize in Manhattan and Brooklyn, and primarily focus on sales.
Before going into real estate, my wife and I bought apartments in the city, fixed them up and sold them. Usually I would intend to stay in one place, but after fixing a place up and making it perfect for us to live in, my wife would always prefer to move on to the next project. It keeps things exciting.
In terms of fashion, I know what I like, but I’m pretty severely colorblind, so my wife does all the shopping for me. And she lays out my outfits in the morning. She leaves really early for work and on the days she forgets, I end up texting her photos of outfit choices. When she can’t be reached I typically panic, then end up sticking with black, white and grey.
As for his personal style:
Jeans: The Jean Shop
Pants: Zara, my wife’s favorite place to shop for me
Suits: Jil Sander and Ted Baker
Shoes: I always prefer my New Balance but when I have to wear shoes, Paul Smith
Outerwear: Canada Goose – The only thing that can keep you warm in NYC.
Your favorite App: Pager – I let the doctor come to me. I have a waiting phobia.
Favorite piece of technology: Sonos Playbar
Next tech purchase: Apple TV
- What to Do in Mexico City: 33 Best Restaurants, Bars, Shops, and Destinations
- Tips for Staying Healthy on the Road from People Who Get Paid to Drink
- The Best Men’s Colognes for Fall: Get the Scent of the Season
- Burt Reynolds, Man’s Man and Unconventional Movie Star, Dead at 82
- Reflections on Running 40 Kilometers Through the Swiss and French Alps