We caught up with country music singer Steve Moakler recently and he gave us the run down on his career and personal style:
I grew up in Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, about 25 minutes south of Pittsburgh. I started writing songs when I was 14 and moved to Nashville after I graduated high school to pursue a career in music. I started releasing music independently and touring when I was 19 and have slowly been building an audience. I actually started solo in my car, then toured in a pickup truck with a buddy, then a van, then a Winnebago camper with my wife, and now a Sprinter with my band. We just released my fourth album “Steel Town” and are currently opening for Willie Nelson and headlining our own shows across the country on Sirius XM’s Highway Finds Tour. On a personal note: I love Jesus, my wife Gracie, Bruce Springsteen, the great outdoors, The Pittsburgh Steelers, Italian food, and ice cold Yuengling.
As for my personal style:
Jeans: Levi’s 511’s
Shirts: Thread-Co raw crew neck T (my wife’s clothing company, handmade in Nashville)
Pants: Couldn’t tell ya… Nike sweat pants though.
Shoes: Caterpillar Haverhill boots
Favorite cologne: Don’t wear any… Old Spice deodorant.
Favorite app: Spotify
Favorite piece of technology: Bose headphones
Next style/gear purchase: REI duffel bag
- 9 Foods You Should Totally Cook with a Blowtorch
- Banish Mid-Winter Pastiness with the Best Sunless Tanners (and Tanning Tips) for Men
- You Don’t Have to Drive an 18- Wheeler to Rock these Cool Trucker Jackets
- The Innovation of 37.5 Tech According to Its Daredevil CEO
- After Nearly Dying, the Founder of Burton Releases His Own Personal Line of Snowboarding Gear