It’s great to be stylishly conscious, but it’s also good to be socially conscious.
BANGS Shoes is both. The name BANGS is derived from the Chinese character for the word ‘help’. 20% of the proceeds are donated to the nonprofit organization, Kiva. Kiva helps poverty stricken people by connecting those in need though loans, and by helping individuals start their own businesses.
Hanna Davis is the founder and president. She developed the company after college – her goal – to create shoes and save the world.
The shoes are not only cool and sleek, they represent a movement towards giving people the necessary tools to stand on their two feet (we had to, sorry).
You’ll find monochromatic styles like our personal favorite, the Fia Ola. A lightweight canvas sneaker in deep-blue, with matching laces and a black rubber sole. A small patch on the side of the shoe states “stand on issues”.
So if you’re looking for a summer shoe with a purpose – check out the entire BANGS collection here.
To learn more about Kiva, you can check out their website over here.
- Lems Trailhead Hiking Shoe Is Just as at Home on the Trail as It Is at the Taproom
- When You Buy Toms’ New Climbing Shoes, You Can Help Change a Kid’s Life
- The 5 Best Sneakers for Men You Can Buy Right Now
- The Balvenie Just Released a Collection of Cool Stuff Made from Whisky Barrels
- Tips for Staying Healthy on the Road from People Who Get Paid to Drink