It’s great to be stylishly conscious, but it’s also good to be socially conscious.
BANGS Shoes is both. The name BANGS is derived from the Chinese character for the word ‘help’. 20% of the proceeds are donated to the nonprofit organization, Kiva. Kiva helps poverty stricken people by connecting those in need though loans, and by helping individuals start their own businesses.
Hanna Davis is the founder and president. She developed the company after college – her goal – to create shoes and save the world.
The shoes are not only cool and sleek, they represent a movement towards giving people the necessary tools to stand on their two feet (we had to, sorry).
You’ll find monochromatic styles like our personal favorite, the Fia Ola. A lightweight canvas sneaker in deep-blue, with matching laces and a black rubber sole. A small patch on the side of the shoe states “stand on issues”.
So if you’re looking for a summer shoe with a purpose – check out the entire BANGS collection here.
To learn more about Kiva, you can check out their website over here.
- Earthing Shoes are the Latest Natural Health Trend People are Obsessing Over
- Sail On, Sailor: 9 Best Boat Shoes for Men
- An Honest Review of Sole X UBB’s Jasper Chukka, an Eco-Friendly Shoe Made of Cork and Bison Hair
- The New Sperry BIONIC Collection Is Partly Made from Recycled Plastic Trash
- Adidas Finally Drops those Magical Game of Thrones Sneakers