It’s great to be stylishly conscious, but it’s also good to be socially conscious.
BANGS Shoes is both. The name BANGS is derived from the Chinese character for the word ‘help’. 20% of the proceeds are donated to the nonprofit organization, Kiva. Kiva helps poverty stricken people by connecting those in need though loans, and by helping individuals start their own businesses.
Hanna Davis is the founder and president. She developed the company after college – her goal – to create shoes and save the world.
The shoes are not only cool and sleek, they represent a movement towards giving people the necessary tools to stand on their two feet (we had to, sorry).
You’ll find monochromatic styles like our personal favorite, the Fia Ola. A lightweight canvas sneaker in deep-blue, with matching laces and a black rubber sole. A small patch on the side of the shoe states “stand on issues”.
So if you’re looking for a summer shoe with a purpose – check out the entire BANGS collection here.
To learn more about Kiva, you can check out their website over here.
- 5 of the Best Shoulder Exercises for Men to Build Strength and Avoid Injury
- The Best Beverage Coolers for Beer, Wine, and Soda
- Every Bag in Nixon’s Latest Collection Is Made from Recycled Ocean-Bound Plastic
- The 15 Best Clothing Subscription Boxes for Men in 2020
- 20 Coffee Table Books Every Man Should Consider for His Home