Tie Society, like all great ideas, was first realized at a bar between friends. Once again another benefit of beer and football. Thank you very much. The Netflix-like men’s accessory service was hatched between two friends fresh out of college in D.C., who ended up swapping ties to avoid dropping coin on new ones. Zach Gittens and Otis Collins, the founders, understood they could wear the same suits every week, but what they received compliments on were their ties. First they swapped their own collections and then started expanding with their group of friends. Tie Society was born when they decided to bring their idea to the rest of us.
The best part about this service is you can spend as little as $10 month on one tie. But we recommend the $20 monthly service for three ties at time. You can keep the accessories as long as you want, swap them as often as you want and best of all – no late fees. What’s the catch? As far as we can see at The Manual there isn’t one. And according to Jake Kuczeruk, the Chief Marketing Officer at Tie Society it’s all about rewarding the customer. The curated collection ranges from smaller designers like Mosaic to larger brand names like J. Crew and Hermes.
“There’s nothing on the site that we wouldn’t use personally. Every guy some time in his life has to wear ties,” said Kuczeruk.
Since inception in November 2011, Tie Society has grown to expand its service outside of the U.S. to Japan. They now offer bow ties, cuff links, tie bars and pocket squares. If you’re looking for a unique Father’s Day gift for later this month Tie Society will be offering “Dad Packs” that will include two ties, a pocket square, tie bar and cuff links set. You can rent one for $50 to get him started or buy one for $100. They will also include a handwritten messages and some of their TS Collar stays.
- Sign up for an online closet at www.tiesociety.com
- Select Membership Plan. We recommend the $20-a-month subscription for three items. However there are plans for $10 for one item and up to $50 for 10 items.
- Items arrive 1-3 days after you order them and they come with return packaging and postage.
- Exchange and return as much as you like.
- Hurricane Preparedness: How to Get Ready for the Next Big Storm
- This New Clothing App Will Spice Up Your Wardrobe Without Wasting Your Time
- The North Face Launches Epic Pop-up Shop High in the Italian Dolomites
- Opinel Nomad Kit Offers the World’s First Fold-Out Vegetable Peeler
- The View of an American Road Trip from the Back of a Motorcycle