Lacoste makes its mark on fashion this year as it celebrates its 80th birthday. So naturally they asked iconic artist, Peter Saville, who has worked with everyone from Dior to Joy Division to help them, help you celebrate. Together they add a spin on what they do best – the Polo.
Instead of changing the color, or shape, Saville went in for the brands crocodile ambassador. The 80th anniversary Holiday Collector N°8 series polo will remain white with a green crocodile. However, the crocodile logo will be transformed to take on different shapes. Its shape evolves into a doodle, blur or line version of itself pushing the boundaries of the brand’s identity. Two collections will be available that include the Holiday Collector series and a truly Limited Edition. Lacoste’s Holiday collector series consists of white polo’s for men and women with eight choices of “crazy crocodiles”. But the truly Limited Edition includes only 80 for women and 80 for men. Each will sport a completely unique logo and a certificate of authenticity signed by Saville himself.
If you’re looking for holiday gift ideas for the man that leans towards preppy one of these makes a one-of -kind gesture. Lacoste honors its original polo exclusively made for the English football team by keeping white color and green logo. The brand only begun to add color in the 1950s. You can pick one of these up at any Lacoste boutique this November.
- Lacoste Loses its Iconic Crocodile in Favor of Endangered Species for Limited-Edition Polo Series
- New V8-Powered Land Rover Defender Melds Power with Classic Looks
- Giveaway: 2 Sharp-Looking Knives From France’s Famed Opinel Brand
- Born to be Bad? Then this Low-Mileage 1987 Buick Grand National GNX is for You
- This Portland Prefab Made of Triangles is a Brand-New Take on Home Design