When winter slams the country with enough snow to set records, it’s only natural to think you’re done with short-jacket dressing. But that’s not necessarily the case. Consider the leather jacket. Not only is it the one versatile layer that fills the wardrobe gap between heavy outerwear and a light blazer, it never goes out of style—even in warmer weather. Some of you are even lucky enough to live in more moderate climates and sport leather all year-round. What’s more, biker details look set to be an even bigger trend next season. Here, then, to help you get the most bang for your buck and the right style (this season the more aggressive the better, though we also say suede, shearling, varsity and black jackets are every bit on point) are eight affordable leather jackets to consider on this Cyber Monday. Wear them to work, the bar, on your day off or simply whenever your look demands a bit of a tough edge.
1. Heritage moto look jacket in washed leather, Cole Haan, $359.95.
2. Hoodie bomber, River Island, $150.
3. Downtown look bomber, Oak, $390.
4. Double-breasted jacket in suede, The Kooples, about $365. Also check US store locations.
5. “Perfecto” style, H&M, $299.
6. “Varsity” style, Abercrombie & Fitch, $300.
7. Faux shearling-lined jacket, Zara, $118.30.
8. Classic G-1 flight jacket, Alpha Industries, $365.
Note: prices may in fact be lower because of Cyber Monday discounts.