What new bourbon are we pumped about? Which hiking trail are we exploring? Why is the next supercar so cool? The Manual is dedicated to helping men live a more engaged life. Each week, our editors and guests get together for a round-table discussion about what’s new, exciting, and unique in the men’s lifestyle world. So pop open your favorite brew, step into your man cave, and start streaming.
For this week’s episode of Beards, Booze, and Bacon: The Manual Podcast, the round-table — food and drink editor Sam Slaughter and inimitable host Greg Nibler — sit down with Bacardi Single Malts Brand Ambassadors Holly Seidewand and Andrew Record to discuss one of our favorite topics: Scotch whisky! Which is perfect timing, because World Whisky Day is coming up on Wednesday, March 27.
After a brief introduction about how Seidewand and Record got into the business (for one, singing is involved), they focus on Scotch whisky and what makes a Scotch a Scotch. Outside of having to be made in Scotland, there are certain rules that have to be followed — as with any type of whisk(e)y — in order to qualify.
After that, the gang turns their attention to the different types of Scotch and how to approach them. As it turns out, there is no right answer when it comes to drinking whisky. While there may be some snobs out there, it comes down to what your palate tells you.
Finally, the group talks about the future of Scotch and how the landscape may change with regards to consumption, trends, and forecasting. Where did it come from? Where did it go? Where did it come from, Scotchy-eyed Joe? (Note: Ee maintain these would’ve been better lyrics.)
Didn’t know that Bacardi owned single malt Scotch whisky brands? Don’t know anything about Scotch in General? Then this episode is for you.
Do you really love Scotchy Scotch Scotch? Do you enjoy when it goes down, down into your belly and want to tell us your favorite brand? If you have a question or comment for The Manual podcast crew, give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org — we’re always around! You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Make sure to subscribe and rate on your favorite podcast app, too!
- Bacardi single malts: Aberfeldy, Aultmore, Craigellachie, The Deveron, and Royal Brackla
- 6 Essential Scotch Cocktails That You Need to Know
- A Quick and Easy Guide to Scotch Regions and Their Whisky
- The Best Bottles of Scotch Under $50
- The Balvenie Stories Tell of the Magic Contained Within Scotch Whisky
- Crown Royal Goes Full French Canadian with Release of French Oak Cask Finished Whisky
- You’ll Have to Pay Big for 1 of the 271 Bottles of 1969 Glenrothes Scotch
- Ad Astra Per Whisky-A: Australia’s Starward Whisky Debuts on U.S. Shores
- Ardbeg Drum is the Newest Ardbeg Day Special Scotch Whisky Release